Chapter 14

Sweet as Venom

Chapter 14

It was hot. Dirty, disgusting hot. What was worse? Being on lock down in this disgusting heat. The cottage didn't have air conditioning and either did the club. I was sitting in the shade smoking while watching Andy and Ice argue out in the hot sun about some girl.

Leigh pulled up a chair next to me. "Is that a cigarette or weed?"

Leigh had been keeping things together at the club as of Saxon going M.I.A. He had locked himself in his study and everyone was staying away from him. So everyone was turning to Leigh for answers.

"Are you my parent?" I gave him a challenging look.

He sighed, running a hand through his hair. "No but still."

"Still nothing. You have everyone else here wanting your opinion, why not go and give it to them?"

"Don't you start." He took the smoke from my hand and inhaled. "Everyone in this place is fucking mad."

"It's hot."

"I'm over." Leigh turned to me. "Who are they arguing over?"

"Well I think it's the blonde that Andy was with last night but woke up with Ice this morning."

We both turned to watch the show.

"They always pick the same fucking women." Leigh got up. "I better stop it before fists start flying. Last thing we need is these two dickheads fighting."

Somewhat disappointed that my entertainment was about to come to an end. I decided to get up and head inside. I was walking to the kitchen, dodging people as I walked through. I needed food and unlike the blokes I didn't have a girl always making me food.

I had just walked into the empty kitchen when the door behind me opened. After I closed it. Just thinking it was one of the girls I didn't say anything and headed for the fridge.

"You look well."

"FUCK SAXON." I put a hand on my heart. "You scared me."

He was looking me up and down. I felt somewhat naked in my short shorts and tank top now. His leathers were dirty and he hadn't bothered on changing out of them. He had a tooth pick between his teeth and the look he was giving me was enough to cause my knees to fold in.

"Um do you want something to eat?" I awkwardly asked, staying in the cool of the fridge.

"No."

"Then why are you in the kitchen?"

"Because you're in here. By yourself."

"You've been by yourself for a while now. Ever since Libby left." I closed my arms. "How you taking that?"

He gave me a heavy look. As if I should know the answer. But I didn't. How the hell was I meant to know if he was glad to see the back of her or if he wanted her back.

"Told her there was someone else." He took the tooth pick out and gave me a stern expression. "Or should I say. Was someone else."

"What's that meant to mean?" I said out of back lash. It wasn't like I was running around with other men or had an old fiancé show up.

"You and me were over."

It cut deep. Like a punch to guts. Sure I knew we weren't a couple. I knew he didn't love me. Maybe it was just a one night kind of thing. I didn't know. But all this time I had been hoping. I was hurt. He had hurt me and words cut deep and thick. I swallowed hard.

"Well there wasn't anything to begin with to end." I said out of pain. "Wasn't like you and I were a couple."

"No. We weren't." He patted himself down and found a cigarette and twirled it between his fingers. "I've been thinking about it and its all wrong. You need to be with someone younger and someone less dangerous."

I rolled my eyes. "You sound like my brother." I wanted to punch something. I wanted to hurt someone. No not someone. Him. I wanted to punch HIM.

"Well I guess we agree on this."

"And who are you to tell me who I should be with? You aren't my boyfriend, you aren't even a friend. And u sure as fuck aren't a parent. So you can get fucked Saxon. I'll date and fuck whoever I want." I was fuming. I had never felt this much rage. It was one thing to break up with me, it was another to just lay out who I could and can't be with.

"You won't be dating any of my brothers." He pointed a finger at me.

"You know what Saxon?" I took a step towards him, arching my back to look up at him. "I fucked you. So what's stopping me from fucking whoever I want." And there was nothing stopping me. I swallowed sharply. "Bye Saxon." I suddenly wasn't hungry.

He gripped my elbow as I walked past him. "I'll make your life hell if you do."

"Bring it on." I pulled my arm from his grasp. "And don't touch me." I pushed open the door and stormed down the hallway- fighting back tears the whole way.