Chapter 17

Sweet as Venom c

Chapter 17

The days ticked by and true to my wish Saxon stayed away. Every time I entered a room, he exited. Every time Leigh dragged me into the dining hall for dinner, he would leave within five minute.

He was doing the right thing.

And it bothered me.

Suddenly ignoring me was his favourite thing to do. Even though I was the one to tell him to do it. It still bothered me.

I was laying on my couch flicking through what was the best option adoption or abortion when there was a knock on my door.

"Come in."

I wasn't getting up to answer it.

Leigh walked in. Cigarette in hand and beer in the other. Along with a dozen bags or more up his arms.

"Got you groceries."

I sat up. "How did you know I needed groceries?"

He scoffed and tucked me ' I know you better then you know yourself look' and started unpacking them.

"So have you thought about what you are going to do?"

"Abortion or Adoption."

"So you aren't keeping it."

"I don't think the father would approve."

"Fuck him. This decision is all about you."

"Teen mum was never my plan. University, yes. Changing nappies, no."

Leigh put the milk down and gave me a hard look. "This is my fault."

That shocked me. "How? You didn't sleep with a no hoper."

"If I hadn't of taken you in you wouldn't of meet this guy."

He was dead right. But I couldn't tell him that because then he would know I've slept with one of his brothers. The boys he lives with. The men he trusts.

"It's not your fault Leigh."

"Well just tell me who the damn father is then."

"No."

"I'll find out."

"And if you do, you will kill me before you kill him." I believed that.

"Unlikely." He put the last item away and turned to face me. "You can't lie to me Gabriella I already know more than you think I know."

That had the knife twisting in my stomach. The guilt was suffocating me. "Ok." Was the only word I could form. Then I just watched him leave without another word said. If he did find out he would lose all respect for Saxon. And I couldn't have that. Not when he looks at Saxon like a father.

I swore in that moment I would never tell him or Saxon for that matter.

--

A week later

Leigh's Point of View

It was Friday morning and I had my feet up on a chair, reading the paper minding my own business while Alexis made me breakfast.

"See the article on the third page about us?" Saxon blew out a mouth of smoke and had a smirk on his face.

"Something about disturbing the peace?" I muttered back to him. "Or was it about the guns?"

"Supplying guns to underage teens."

"Because we do that so often."

"Can't remember the last gun we sold to a kid. Unless your sister is now packing heat."

"Gabriella and a gun. Now that's funny." I flicked the page.

"How is your sister?"

"Fine."

"Still sick?"

I looked up at him. Why was he so concerned? I guess he looked at Gabriella like family and Saxon was big on family.

"Yeah she is."

"Is it serious?" His words were holding another motive I knew that. I could tell that. I wasn't stupid.

I opened my mouth to say something when Andy and Ice stormed in.

"I'm fucking telling you she would of ran you over!" Ice yelled throughout the place.

"She's not fucking blind." Andy threw back.

"But she was in a fucking hurry." Ice's eyes landed on me and he pointed a finger while strolling towards me. "Your sister is a crazy driver. She nearly ran over Andy!"

"That's impossible. Gabs would only drive the truck and I have the keys."

"Then she hotwired it." Andy scoffed and went to the bar. "I'm lucky to be standing."

"Why would she be in such a hurry?" Ice pulled a chair out next to me. "Didn't even stop to say hi."

I hadn't spoken to her in over a week. During that week she could have made up her mind. My eyes widened and I stood up abruptly. She could be going to have an abortion. Why the fuck wouldn't she say something to me?

"What's wrong?" Saxon was standing up too.

"Gabs is in trouble." I patted myself down feeling for my bike keys.

"What sort of trouble?"

I ignored him.

Where the hell did I have my keys last?

"Leigh." Saxon's hands were on my shoulders bringing me back to the moment. "What's going on?"

His eyes were piercing through me. Slicing through my commons sense. I knew this was just between Gabriella and I but Saxon always knew the right thing to do. Right now I didn't know if Gabriella was making the right decision.

Saxons slapped me on the back of my head. "Tell me what's going on?!"

"Gabriella's pregnant."

Saxon's face dropped of expression. His eyes widened. His mouth slowly opening.

"Saxon I need to find her before she makes a mistake." I scanned him for some sort of help but he was just staring at me blankly. "Saxon!"

"I'll go." He pulled out his bike keys. "Stay here. I'll handle it."

"I should go."

"Leigh it's an order. I'll handle it." Saxon's voice was raging on anger. "I'll bring your sister back and then we can talk about what to do."

He was out of here before I could say another word.