Chapter 15

So I could have been really childish. I could of went and slept with Andy or Ice, just to get back at him. I could be flaunting myself around the club. Instead. Well instead I was pretending to be invisible. I stayed away from the clubhouse. I hid in my cottage. I didn't want to see him because it would only make me long for him more. I wanted him to touch me. I wanted him to want to touch me. But most of I just wanted him to love me.

I had done the club books and they were right up to date and I didn't use that as an excuse to see him. Instead I gave the books to Leigh who would pass them on. It had been over a week since Saxon dropped the 'I don't want you bomb.'

I opened the fridge door and just as I guessed I was down to nothing. Literally there wasn't even milk. Groaning I closed it. This meant I needed to go to the shops. This meant I had to leave the cottage. This meant I had to borrow the truck. I groaned again. Which meant I needed to talk to Saxon.

Great.

Fucking great.

I slipped on a pair of shorts and picked up my purse. I could somehow get around this. Maybe Leigh could give me permission to take it. I really needed to get my own car.

I locked the cottage and started walking down the long path to the lot. I should be grateful that I had somewhere to live. I walked onto the lot and the sun burnt my skin. It was still dirty hot outside and I so what forgot how hot it was with all the fans going in the cottage.

No one was outside which was hardly a surprise. I went to the club door and opened it. The smell hit me hard and fast. The smell of cigarette, weed and mixed alcohol. I had forgot how strong it was.

"Hello stranger."

I cocked my head to the side looking at Ice. "How am I a stranger?"

"Been keeping to yourself." He pulled the tooth pick out from his teeth. "What's up?"

"Just need to borrow the truck." I glanced at Saxon's door. I really didn't want to go in there.

"I think Leigh has the keys. He is in his room."

I snapped back from staring at Saxon's door and looked back at Ice. "Thanks." I gave him a fake smile and walked to the stairs. If Leigh had the keys I didn't have to ask Saxon. Great. I didn't want to see him. I knew I couldn't avoid him forever. But I could avoid him for now.

I banged on Leigh's door. A feeling overcome me. I covered my mouth just in time the door opened and I ran into Leigh's room just making it to the toilet before throwing up my morning breakfast. I didn't stop till I emptied my stomach.

"You're sick." I could hear and feel Leigh standing behind me as I gripped the toilet bowl.

"No I'm not." I got up and washed my hands in the basin.

"You just spewed."

"So?"

"So if you're not sick, you aren't pregnant are you?"

I spun around. "Hell no." A look of terror captured my face and it was nearly as bad the look on Leigh's face. Though his eyes were covered in anger.

"Are you?" He arched his eyebrows.

"No I haven't even had...." My mouth slowly fell open. I had had sex. I had sex with Saxon. I didn't remember the details clearly. Did we use protection? Or did he assume I was on the pill? Oh my god.

"Gabs." Leigh snapped his fingers in my face. "Tell me now if you are?" He was deadly serious and terror was wrapping around my blood vessels.

I fiddled with my fingers and then finally muttered well stuttered. "I don't know."

He let out a frustrated groan and ran his fingers through his hair. I was dead quiet. I didn't know what to say. My mind was racing, a millions things running through it.

"Ok this is what we do." Leigh snapped back into the moment and was calm. The kind of calm you see in the middle of a storm. "We go get you checked and if you are we deal with it."

Ok that sounds like a plan. Why was he being so calm? Why wasn't he freaking out like me?

"Then I fucking kill the guy." He muttered turning around.

Now that was more like the Leigh I expected.

--

"Hey Leigh, Saxon is looking for you." Ice came from around the bar.

Leigh was on a mission. Keys out and storming through the place. "Tell him I'll see him later."

"He said as soon as you were up."

"Tell him Gabs is sick and I have to take her to the doctor." Leigh held the door open for me. "Then tell him I've got the truck."

Ice nodded his head and went to ask me something but Leigh was already pushing me through the open door.

"You know I'm not sick." I muttered.

Leigh glanced over his shoulder. "As far as everyone else knows. You are."

"Leigh." I grabbed his shoulder and he stopped. I was scared stiff. He must of seen the panic in my eyes because he bent down and gave me half a hug.

"Whatever happens Gabs we will deal with it together." He let go of me and looked over my shoulder. "What?"

"Just making sure everything is alright." Saxon's voice boomed from across the lot.

I cringed. Closing my eyes. This can't be happening.

"Gabs is sick just taking her to the doctor." Leigh answered him. I didn't turn around. I couldn't turn around and see him.

"You alright Gabs?"

I opened my eyes but didn't turn around. "Fine just a stomach bug."

"Right. Well drive safe. Remember we are still on lock down, so no colours outside of the clubhouse." He was talking to Leigh now. And sure I heard concern in his words. But it wasn't like I could count on it- he would just change his mind. He didn't want me, he made that clear. But what if I was pregnant, then what? Did I tell him?