Chapter 5

Sweet as Venom

Chapter 5

I never really stood out from the crowd. I was the kind of girl you would walk pass and not even notice or in fact remember passing. I was the type of girl that would rather read books with her mother then have friends. I was the type of girl that was home schooled and enjoyed it.

Now.

Well now I was the girl who smoked weed while working the books of criminal biker gang and drank in the middle of week.

Still, the girl I wasstill was on the surface- just a bit faded and I really believed that until today.

Today I became the freak.

Leigh toed the bike stand and my grip on him loosened. He had surprised me this morning by rocking up on my door step demanding that he was taking me to school and not Saxon.

I didn't care either way.

Until now.

Somehow arriving at new school on a loud and eye catching Harley while gripping a man that openly stood against the law wasn't exactly going under the raider like I wanted.

So now I was new freak who arrived to school on the back of a bike.

Great.

"You got money?" Leigh spoke over the engine of the bike.

"Yep."

"You got all books?"

"Yep."

"Pick you up after three." He looked over my shoulder, "Don't let the fuckers get to you."

Great words of advice off my brother. Pitty he couldn't face the school with me as well. He took off and I stood there for a bit watching him till he disappeared around the corner.

Slowly I turned around and faced hell.

I shallowed sharply and my eyes dropped to the ground of course people would be staring at me. I walked with my head down to the entrance of the school.

For anyone the thought of a new school would be terrifying. But throw in the fact that you have never attended a school before, it just well- it lit a fire of nerves.

"Hey."

My head snapped to the side and a boy, looked the same age as me was grinning at me. His hair was an organised mess of black with blonde tips, his eyes a deep green. I took in the ripped jeans, band tshirt, pierced lip and could just guess he wasn't one to hang with the cheerleaders.

"Nice bike you arrived on."

"Thanks. It's my brothers." Why did I feel so bloody nervous? I cursed these nerves to the bottom of hell. Seriously being new was one thing but being the stuttering student was another.

"Name's Jayden."

"Name's Gabriella."

"Can I call you Gabs?"

No you cannot. "Sure." Guess it wouldn't be a wise move to turn off the only friendly face just because I was picky.

His lips split into a grin. "Well Gabs, did you get your timetable it would have been in your welcome pack."

"This thing?" I pulled out an vanilla folder and handed it to him.

He flicked through the pages then pulled on out. "Looks like they dumped you with a heavy work load." He frowned for a moment. "Good thing I got a similar looking one."

"Seriously?" I breathed easy. "Cause I have no idea what I'm doing."

"I figured as much, seeing as you are heading to the main entrance. Students are to go around the back."

"That makes no sense."

"You're telling me."

We redirected our steps and headed for around the back of the school.

"So your brother is part of Satan's Son Charter?"

"Yep."

"Bet you get some good weed." He grinned at me.

A smile twitched across my face, "Not from him but I have my own sources."

Why did I suddenly get a strong feeling I had just fallen into the wrong crowd- as mum use to call them.

"Well you're gunna need it being here at Snake Valley High."

"Surely can't be that bad right?"

His lips cracked into a smirk and his eyes spun with amusement. "You'll see."

I shallowed sharply, what the hell had Leigh enrolled me into.

--

Hell. HELL ON EARTH. That was what Leigh had enrolled me into. By the second class my head was spinning by the third I had given up on taking notes and now by the fourth class I was just drained the fuck out and needed a break.

Lucky for me I had made it through lunch without being attacked by the cheerleaders- and yes they actually existed. It was kind of like seeing a vampire- well for me at least.

Jayden had a few classes with me and actually sat next to me, which some how ended up scoring me more weird looks from the other students. My guess was Jayden was about as popular as me.

I was putting books in my locker when it snapped shut in my face.

"You are currently in my way."

My head snapped sideways and I nearly choked on my own saliva. It was the girl from the coffee shop- the one I saw with dad and his girlfriend. The new upgrade from me.

I eyed the brunette down.

"How is that?" I turned to face her, arching my eyebrows.

"You see this is my locker, right here." Her hand slapped on the locker beside mine. "And I don't like loser next to it."

"Gee well you couldn't possibly have that. And here I was thinking that I wouldn't get to meet the schools bitch on my first day."

Her eyes narrowed. "Look here, you might think your tough showing up on the back of biker's bike, with a tattoo on your shoulder and that edge hippie look you're pulling off but you're not tough. All you are doing is standing more out as a freak-"

I was positive that her rant wasn't over but suddenly Jayden was at my side and this caused her to shut up.

"Jayden, why haven't I seen you today?" Her posture, her attitude, tone- everything about her changed.

Looks like Jayden had some history with the brunette.

"Sarah, see you have met Gabriella." He nodded his head at me.

"Yeah," She batted her eyelashes, "I was just telling her that we were locker buddies."

I arched an eyebrow at her. "And I was just explaining to her that I was just so pleased to meet the schools bitch on my first day." I sneered at her.

Her lips formed a firm line.

"Still same old shit with you Sarah." Jayden looked at her unimpressed.

"Come on Gabs, I wanna introduce you to a few people." He reached for my hand and linked our fingers together. "Bye Sarah."

"Jayden it wasn't like that." She snapped at our backs. "Seriously, don't just walk away from me!"

But Jayden kept walking, surprisingly with my hand in his- still wasn't sure how I felt about that.