chapter 2

It was now after dark and Stitch was practicing saying hello, but he frowned as he was all alone. Lilo was scooping up strawberry ice cream into a bowl as someone came to the door.

"Is David or Lilo's friends early?" Nani wondered as she had a date tonight. She soon went up to the door to see who was at the door.

It was Darla, Patch, and Maisy.

"Oh, Darla, how nice to see you," Nani smiled. "I'm sorry, but I can't stay, I have a date. Jumba and Pleakley are gonna watch Lilo and her slumber party."

"We're here to try and cheer up Stitch." Patch said.

"Come right in." Nani invited.

"Lilo's having a slumber party?" Darla asked in excitement.

"I know, I was surprised too, but it seems those girls are really going to be Lilo's friends now," Nani smiled. "Too bad Myrtle's sick though."

"Myrtle got sick?" Patch asked.

"That's what we heard anyway..." Nani shrugged.

"I think she only made that up just not to be with Lilo." Maisy said.

"Well, come on in, I better check on Pleakley." Nani said.

Darla, Maisy, and Patch nodded as Lilo then held a bowl of ice cream and came over to a new way to go up to her room. Darla, Maisy, and Patch started to follow her.

"Ooh, how futuristic~" Maisy purred as they floated up to Lilo's bedroom.

Stitch was practicing his social skills, but frowned as he was unable to make himself happy.

Lilo came in with her ice cream. "I brought ice cream, and look who came to visit?~"

"Hey there, buddy." Patch greeted.

Stitch looked over, he gave a weak wave and frowned sadly.

"It wasn't that bad," Lilo soothed as she sat down across from him. "After you left, I got to help put out the fire."

"Oh..." Stitch moaned. "No cousins."

"Hey, it's okay; you'll find your cousins soon." Maisy assured him.

"You're a part of our ohana now, but getting everybody else to like you is harder," Lilo soothed her pet. "Trust me. I know."

"I'm freaky." Stitch pouted.

"You're different and you're one of a kind." Patch comforted.

"Yeah! Like Frankenstein!" Lilo beamed.

Stitch groaned and then buried his face in his ice cream.

"I guess that didn't work..." Darla bit her lip.

"So Lilo, I hear you are having a sleepover." Darla smiled.

"Yeah," Lilo smiled back. "The girls should be here any minute."

"So are they getting used to things around your house?" Patch asked.

"Some things surprise them once in a while, but I think they'll adjust just fine." Lilo smiled.

"If they are our friends, then they'll be fine." Darla smiled.

Lilo smiled back.

Patch sniffed the air. "Smells like Kibbles and Bits is being cooked on fire."

"That must be Pleakley cooking." Lilo said.

"Gross." Maisy winced.

"Can't he order a pizza?" Darla shuddered.