Brother.

"Lizzie! Please can you get the door!" Joel shouts from upstairs. I reply and rush to the front door, swinging it open. "Hello. I'm James. I'm sure Joel has told you about me." I look at him, confused. Joel didn't tell me anything about him... "James! So nice to see you, buddy!" Joel said cheerfully, running down the stairs to give him a hug. "Lizzie, this is James! He's my brother." I looked up at James brightly. He looked very similar to Joel but his hair was more fluffy. He was dressed very smart but at the same time, looked casual.

All day, James stayed at our house, making me laugh and doing cool things with me. I couldn't tell if we were friends... Joel was very quiet all day, obviously getting a bit annoyed at James after a while. But he couldn't bottle up his feelings when James went a bit too far.

We were talking it in turns playing Xbox, me and Joel, when I fell over in the game. I didn't know how to get back up, clicking all the buttons one by one but nothing seemed to work. Suddenly, James wrapped his arms around my shoulders from the back and held down two buttons until I was standing up again. "T-Thanks." I whispered. He nodded, but kept his arms wrapped around my shoulders. I hated it. Joel was right there, looking at me with hurt in his eyes, angry and upset. James looked down at me, his evil smirk and glossy hair, memorising me. I wanted to shove him away and tell him I'm in love with Joel, but he held me tight and very close to him. I was disgusted. Every minute of it made me more and more sick of him. I was relieved when Joel said it was time for him to leave.

I could tell Joel was angry by the glare he shot at me. I knew what he thought and my smile quickly faded. "It's not what it looks like-" I started but I was soon interrupted. "I don't care. Keep it to yourself, Elizabeth." And with that, he walked to the door. "Joel! Stop! This is ridiculous! I don't like James! I love you-" But he had already left.

I'm so excited for the competition! I hope you are entering because the results are in a few days! Good luck! >•<