Love.

"Joel!" I screamed. I burst into tears and wrapped my arms around his waist. I couldn't go back to my house so I stayed at his. It was 4 in the morning but I wasn't asleep. I stayed awake in case he came back. And he did. But he wasn't himself. "What have they d-done to y-you, Joel?" I whispered, not pulling away from his arms. I had to keep hugging him because I thought if I pulled away I would lose him all over again. He had bruises and scratches on his arms and legs and a hideous black eye. And even though he was so weak, he smiled warmly. But before he spoke, he looked serious, as if he were reliving the dreadful night when I lost him."When we were in bed, the window slid open. I woke up but stayed quiet to see why it had opened. Suddenly, a man in black came in and looked at you carefully, his friend still waiting at the window. I didn't know who they were or why they came, but he looked... In love with you...I think. I knew I had to protect you, so I gave that guy a fight. But he didn't appreciate that and his friend called the police. We were all free to go after some hours of interrogation. It was very tedious but I'm so glad you are alright." I looked up at him. His eyes shone bright even in the the darkness of the morning hours. "My hero." I whispered, still in awe that he was home safe. "I love you, Joel. I was worried sick when I woke up to an empty bed." I started to tear up near the end but I managed to add: "I thought I had... lost you." Then we both cried. We cried and cried until our eyes turned red and bloodshot.

We informed everyone that I called earlier that Joel was okay. We didn't tell them where he had been or what had happened. It was going to be our little secret. We only told them that he was back home.

I went into the kitchen and got the first-aid kit whilst Joel was talking to his parents. I mouthed for him to sit down so I could help his wounds. He sat on a chair obediently and hung up to his parents. I took a wet tissue and dabbed at his cuts, covered it up with plasters and bandages and gave him a kiss on his cheek. I put a pack of ice on his eye and said that he will be all better soon with since love and kisses. And he was. I love you, Joel.