Chapter 2; Screwed Over

Chapter Title: Chapter 2; Screwed Over
Ely's PoV
"That's why I always see something moving in your hat!" Carmine started pacing. I looked up nervously. He was smiling hugely, I slowly returned the smile. My tail swaying back and worth.

"Help!" I heard Danny yell, instinctively my tail hid and I pulled on. My hat lightning fast. Carmine and I sprinted to check on what was happening. Danny was being held down by Max and Aliss while Kameron and Shawn tickle tortured him. He started laughing wildly. I noticed his ears flicker up and his tail slowly unravel. My eyes slightly widened. Puppy was yipping about the whole situation in a panic.

"He's going to show them! Ely what do we do!?" Puppy continually yipped. I sighed.

"Puppy, no bark." I crossed my arms, she whimpered but stopped barking. Danny struggled free of the tickle torture and instantly hid everything again. The front door opened. I looked over to see mom she cleared her throat angrily. Everyone quickly stopped what they were doing and looked at her.

"Everyone," she pointed to Max, Aliss, Kameron, Shawn, and Carmine. "Please leave." The hurriedly did so. "You two." She pointed at Danny and I, "rooms. Now." We both ran off to our rooms. Puppy hid in her dog kennel.

I heard yelling from Danny's room for a while. I covered my head because of it, ah man mom's gonna kill me when I tell her what I did... The door suddenly opened, Danny stormed in grabbing my collar.

"What did you do pip-squeak?!" He screamed in my face. I whimpered.

"What are you talking about?!" I yelled back, squirming around. He shoved his phone in my face to show a picture of Carmine and I in my room minutes ago. "Wha...?!" My drapes had been closed all day! Unless someone freaking put a camera in here there's no way that picture could've been taken!

"What did you do!?" He threw me towards the wall. I tumbled into it.

"N-nothing!" I whimpered, barely able to talk. Danny started pacing, streaming his hands through his thick silver hair. My hair mostly took after his except in the back where my hair falls his stands. The coloring, thickness, soft feeling, fur similarity and awkwardly pointed dark grey bangs were exactly the same.

"Obviously something!" He finally yelled, facing me. Mom was watching from outside the room. "My friend got this picture from his little sister! How would he get that if you didn't do something?!" He was still streaking his hands through his hair.

"Just say it's fake!" I murmured back. He looked at me.

"You think it's that easy?!" His voice got quieter as it cracked. "The whole school saw it, and most of the town has already!" He growled, grabbing my collar again, "you're idiocy is going to ruin our lives!"

A rock shattered my room's window. Danny shielded me instantly. There was a painted word on the rock; FREAK.

"Freak!" A girl from outside laughed loudly, a few others joined her. Then they walked off.

"It already started..." Danny gasped. Mom ran in, finally.

"Guys..." She sighed. I was covering my face in my knees and arms. Danny closed the drapes again, clipping them together.

Knock knock.

Puppy sprinted in, "someone at door! Someone at door!" She squeaked. Everyone tensed, Mom went to answer. Everyone slowly followed. I hid myself around the corner and watched the door open.

A decently sized boy stood there, he had a blank face. Mom gave him a smile, "I'm sorry. We're not really able to talk at the moment..."

"I heard yelling..." He replied, trying to glance inside. Danny was standing close enough to protect, or hide me.

"Oh, everything's fine." My mom assured. His eyes narrowed.

"They better be..." He muttered, stepping off the porch. A woman was behind him, she looked mortified.

"Miss, I am so sorry!" The woman gasped, "we're new in town and just came to introduce ourselves, we didn't mean to intrude." She insisted. Mom nodded, slowly closing the door.

"It's alright, but I really need to go..." Mom closed the door before she could reply. Puppy was at the window barking until they left. Danny glared at me. He grabbed my collar again.

"If my life goes to shit, you are gonna pay." He growled. I shakily nodded.

"Do not threaten your sister." My mother hissed. I was staring at my brother. He was on the verge of tears, so was I. In fact water started spilling through my eyes. Danny threw me, more gently this time and stormed off to his room. I hid in mine, covering my face. I was in the closet crying as quiet as possible. I ruin everything... I thought, now shaking. The closet door slowly opened. I glanced up to see who was there. I couldn't really tell, until I was pulled out. When I saw who was there, I was pretty surprised.

It was...

Cliff hanger~! Man I probably should've made more story development... Do you guys think so? Eh I'll leave it, I like it :3
*bows dramatically* thanks for reading, see you nerds in my next chapter! (Or another book *winks hintingly*)

Day Published: July. 21, 2016.
Edited:  July. 26, 2016.
Total word/number count (without the title): 889 (man this chapter was short. Ah craps now it's): 892.