Chapter 9; Ely I WILL Smack You

Chapter Title: Chapter 9; Ely I WILL Smack You
Carmine's PoV
"Damn, Ely..." I sighed. She was laying on a hospital bed, asleep. Her tail and ears were visible, and her hair was absolutely insane. Her wounds seemed to be healing nicely though. The doctors kept questioning why and how Danny and Ely have tails, actually, I'm not sure why they do either. Now I'm curious.

"This is the longest she's slept in a while..." Danny said softly. I looked at him, he had a small smile. I returned the smile.

"Hey Max?" I suddenly asked.

"Wha- yeah?" He asked jumping slightly.

"How come you're not in a bed? Weren't you apart of the accident?"

"Yeah, I was... But Danny, well right before we got hit he kinda just covered me. I dunno. I wasn't injured, really." Max shrugged with a small smile. The boys exchanged a happy smile. Alex smirked slyly.

"Ely..." Shawn whined quietly. He picked Ely' ear. It twitched. He giggles and did that multiple times.

"Shawn!" I sighed heavily. "Stop! She's sleeping..." I looked at Ely, her mouth was open slightly and she was breathing strangely.

"Fine..." Shawn pouted. Kameron giggled quietly and went to poke her ear. The heart monitor quickly slowed, then sped, then went to normal, then slowed again. A doctor rushed in, pushing everyone to the side.

"Sis!" Danny gasped, slightly terrified. The doctor 'hmm'ed in thought. She messed with a few things and watched Ely for a few more minutes. Ely's breathing slowed to a normal rate, the monitor regained its steady beat. I hared a unified gasp of relief. I was part of that unison.

"Dammit Elizabeth..." Danny sighed heavily, laying his head back in relief.

"Danny, you know that's not her legal name." Bridget said tensely.

"R-right..." Danny muttered dully.

"C'mon, Ely... Wake up..." Alex said quietly. They tapped Ely's cheek. Her head pulled away. She continued to tensely sleep. I sighed sadly and sat at her feet.

"What's wrong with her, doc?" I whimpered.

"I... I'm not... I'm not sure..." The doctor winced.

"Ely~?" Kameron asked, leaning towards Ely's face. "C'mon Ely!" She whined poking at her shoulder.

"Touching her won't help with this condition!" The doctor said sternly.

"Oh... S-sorry..." Kameron frowned, sitting down on the floor. The doctor stayed for a few more minutes, then left. Which was actually like an hour later.

Everyone was speaking about different things. Alex was mainly only interacting with me. The kids had fallen asleep on the floor. Danny let me lay Shawn on his bed. I put Kameron on Ely's bed.

"I guess we should all get something to eat." Bridget finally commented.

"Right..." I mumbled.

"I-I'll stay here..." Alex said, "just bring me something." He sat down in a chair right by Ely. Max, Bredigt, and I went to get food. We got food from the little cafeteria and vending machines, though we didn't speak to each other. When we were back Alex was extremely close to Ely's face. He was leaning closer too.

"Alex?" I barely heard Ely say. Alex jumped back in surprise and hit his knee on the bed.

"Ow- uh! H-hi... Ely!" He said sheepishly, his hand grasping his leg weakly. Ely looked around tiredly.

"Where am I?" Ely asked, slowly looking around. Something must've clicked in her brain because she sat up quickly. "Oh yeah!" She grinned, "can I leave soon?" 

"Why would you leave soon?" I asked, sighing.

"Carmine!" Ely squeaked excitedly. "Food!" She yelled, bouncing up and down. "Give!" Her hands came up like she was a child. Oh! Wait, she is a child. I tossed her a sandwich. She munched on it excitedly. 

"You do know you like-" Max hit Danny on the head before he could say anymore. "Ow!" He whimpered holding his head. Ely snickered, her mom glared at her. The kids were awoken by all the commotion. 

"Ely!" Shawn squeaked, jumping up and hugging her excitedly. "I thought you were gonna die!" He whined.

"Why would I die?" Ely asked, hugging him.

"As I was trying to say," Danny grumbled while glaring at Max. "Your heart monitor thing went all wonky."

"Oh." Ely said, her brows furrowed. "Well, it's over with now. Can I please go home? I'm so bored..." Shawn poked her ears.

"You have a tail?" He gasped excitedly. Ely smiled sadly.

"Yup." Ely agreed, her eye twitched as the kids continued to poke her. "Would you please," she hissed frustratedly, "Stop poking me!?" Her voice raised. They flinched away and went to eat. Ely sighed softly. "Sorry." 

"You're fine kid." Danny said, he was eating his food happily. Max was sitting with him and eating too.

"You guys wanna know what my dream was about?" Ely asked excitedly.

"Sure." I agreed, hesitantly.

"Donuts!" Ely grinned. Alex's head feel disapprovingly.

"So you almost died because of Donuts?" They whined. Ely nodded.

"Yeah pretty much." She agreed. I sighed heavily.

"Ely." She looked at me. "I will smack you."

A/N. There ya go!
Date Published: August. 12, 2016
Edited: N/A
Total words (not including title): 856.