Epilogue

Chapter Title; Epilogue.

Danny's PoV
It's only been about a week sense Ely died. I still can't believe the doctors didn't notice her head until sooner.

Today is her funeral. I'm not sure I can handle it though, but I'm going. Mom was already all dressed up in a black dress and gathering a few things in the kitchen. I screwed with the tux I was forced into wearing.

Knock knock.

"It's probably Max and Aliss. I'll get it." I called, walking to the door. Oh yeah, Max is my boyfriend now! I opened it a strange yet familiar looking tall man was in front of me. "Can I help you?" I asked quietly. His hands pressed on my cheeks.

"Danny..." His eyes watered. I pulled away.

"Please, do not touch me..." I grumbled. "Who-"

"Oh my god! Steve?!" My mom gasped. I instantly stepped back, she ran over and hugged him tightly. "You're alive..." She whispered sniffling. The man stroked her hair gently and hugged back.

"I am..." He whispered. Mom released him. Puppy came up curiously. He looked around, "where's Ely?" I stared at the ground, clutching my fists.

"Mom," I muttered, "who is this?"

"Danny, that's your dad." Mom said, as if she found this funny. I froze then started shaking my head, I felt tears down my cheeks.

"Danny-" the man, Steve, the one mom called my dad started.

"Save it." I hissed. "You weren't there, ever, when anyone needed you. If you are my father then just save it and leave. Because as far as I'm concerned my father is still missing!"
Maybe I was being a little harsh? Screw it. He showed up on the day of Ely's funeral, like that was a coincidence. He looked hurt.

I shoved passed him and ran down the sidewalk. I needed to find Max! Oh, there he is! Puppy whipped along sides me. I looked at her sadly and almost knocked Max over.

"Hey, what's wrong?!" Max gasped, regaining his footing as he hugged me back.

Why was I being this way?! I was supposed to be strong for everyone... I never was though, after Ely died I was in tears every night. I can't handle this anymore!

I heard another set of footsteps. "Danny?" It was Aliss, "what's wrong?" She slowly rubbed my back.

"Whats wrong...?" I muttered back, almost angrily. I slowly lifted my head to face both of my best friends; "what's wrong is that my baby sister died before me. What's wrong is that my baby sister died! What's wrong is that my mother expects me to be strong for her. What's wrong is that my 'father'." I used my finger as quotations, "came back on the day of her funeral." I had pulled away from Max and was storming around frustraedly. "And what else is wrong is that now people care! They hated her before! They hated me before! And then she died. And now everyone cares!" I added, putting my hands on my head. I didn't known what to do with myself!

"Hey! Hey, calm down." Max frowned, putting his hands on my shoulders. I sighed quietly.

"The only things decent about right now is you two." I motioned to Max and Aliss.

"Well that hurts." Alex called, jogging over. Carmine was close behind. "I thought I was a pretty decent part of life." They grinned. Then frowned when they saw my upset face. "What's wrong?"

"I'm not going over it again." I sighed, rubbing my neck.

"You didn't wait for us!" Kameron called, pulling Shawn behind her. Carmine looked back with a small frown, but pulled his little siblings by him defensively. Puppy wiped and hopped around, excited about all the dressed up people.

"Where's Ely? Where's Ely?!" Puppy bounced around. I frowned at her and picked her up.

"I already told you where she is." I mumbled.

"Danny!" Mom called, hurrying over. I'm surprised she can run in heels. Steve walked behind her awkwardly. I quickly used my sleeve to clean off my face. She frowned at the group, then smiled slightly. "Ready guys?" She asked calmly.

"I forgot my grim reaper outfit!" Alex whined, we gave them a weird look. "Forget it." They shrugged. Steve stopped behind mom.

"Everyone this is, Steve. My husband." She motioned to my father. Everyone nodded slightly. She went on with introductions.

Le Time Skippo~~
Puppy was clawing at the little casket. "Ely is trapped! Ely is trapped!" Then she sniffed and curled up. "She go bye..." Puppy whined. I frowned at her. It wasn't a huge reception pretty small and depressing.

After the whole thing no one really spoke about the reception. Just stood around with awkward conversations about life. I had made my way to my safe spot; the roof.

The sky was pretty creepy that night, but the sky's were clear. I laid back with my arms behind my head. "I'm really sorry, sis." I frowned at the sky. "Where ever you are..." I sighed I needed to keep it together this once. "I love you..." My voice cracked. So much for keeping it together. "Goodbye."

Carmine's PoV
Wednesday
Me: ELY PLEASE ANSWERE
I LOVE YOU
I MISS YOU
PLEASE...PlEase... Come back... I can't deal without you!
I don't know what I'm gonna do!
I love you so much! And I guess... I guess you won. You won the 'I love you' game.
Will knowing that bring you back?
Maybe I should update you on life...
Danny and Max are dating, finally.
Me and Alex became a couple.
The kids miss you...
My parents are finally laying off me.
Tears were falling down my face. I needed Ely to respond!
Me: Ely...?
Pwease?
Please come back!! Everyone missed you.
Even the people that bullied you. Which is ironic, and Shit.
Please! I feel so alone...

Thursday
Me: Maybe I'll come join you... Maybe I'll come 'visit'?
Would you like to see me?
I'd like to see you.
I need your hugs...

A month later
Me: I've spammed you so much... And I still haven't come visited...
I gave Mark and Jack your art, then told them what happened.
They loved it.
I loved it. I have your copy in my room :)
Please Ely...
I miss you ;-;

Ely's phone: 583 messages from; car.mine2469.

Me: Ely...
I went to send it. Then an error message popped up.
I'm sorry, this account is being shut down.
I lost it and couldn't stop crying.

The End.

Sorry not sorry. Thank you everyone for reading. I hope you enjoyed it. Sorry for ending it this way, but it had to happen.
Date Published: August. 27, 2016
Edited: N/A
Total words (not including title): 1092