Chapter 10; Well

Chapter Title: Chapter 10; Well.

Alex's PoV
"So what happened yesterday?" Carmine asked as we walked between fourth and fifth period.

"What'd you mean?" I asked, glancing at him. I was still totally hungry, even after eating lunch. Don't ask me why I thought of that, I'm just really hungry.

"When you were with Ely alone-ish." Carmine mumbled, thinking about yesterday.

"Oh well, I thought I heard her talking and was trying to check." I shrugged. Actually, I was telling her a secret. Though the talking thing was legit in was partially checking. He nodded along. "Later Carmine." I said stopping at my class. "Text me if you need anything."

"You know it." He nodded and ran off.

Time Skippo. After school.
"Heya, Carmine." I jogged over. He looked panicked. "What's wrong?!"

"Something is wrong with Ely..." He mumbled, eyes swelling up with tears. I gently pulled him into a hug.

"Let's go right now, then." I whispered. He nodded and pulled away. We ran off towards his house.

"C'mon Shawn, c'mon Kameron! We're gonna go see Ely!" Carmine called his siblings weakly. They ran over excitedly. "Ely isn't feeling great so we're going to go visit her, then give her some time to rest. Okay?" Carmine asked sweetly. Man hrs so cute... I didn't say that! Stop it mind. Stop it! We're just friends. Yeah. Just friends...
"Alex... Alex?" Carmine's hand waved in my face curiously. I jumped and blinked.

"Sorry." I chuckled, rubbing my neck. Carmine replied with a chuckle. His siblings looked confused, but ran out first. We followed. "How you holding up?" I asked, glancing over.

"I'm alright, I just hope Ely is okay." Carmine answered, shaking his head. I nodded, and glanced to the ground. His siblings had both if his hands and weren't letting go. Dang brats... What am I thinking?! Ugh mind... Go away.

We were quickly at the hospital and in Ely's room. She was awake, but didn't look to great.

"Hey guys!" Ely waved, she was giggling uncontrollably.

"They out her on some pain meds..." Danny frowned. "Some stuff was happening." He explained loosely. Stuff? What kind of stuff?

"I saw a rainbow~" Ely giggled, laying back again. "There it is again." She pointed at the roof. I followed her gaze curiously. There was no rainbow.

Carmine went to talk to Bridget, Shawn and Kameron were sitting at the foot of Ely's bed and talking to her, Max was talking to Danny. I felt so out of place... Ely yawned lazily.

"I'm gonna take a nap." She smiled sleepily.

"Don't get consumed by donut this time." Carmine called. Ely nodded, but quickly fell asleep. "Weirdo." Carmine chuckled, placing his hands on his hips. I smiled slightly at him. He smiled back.

Beep...beep...Beep beep beep beep. I looked around confused, Ely's monitor was whizzing out. Doctors and nurses starting pouring in. A few of them were rushing us out. Danny was mostly pushed to the side while they did whatever it was to Ely. Then there was a steady beeeeeeep. Her mother was intently in tears. The kids were confused, but looked like they were about to cry, Carmine covered his mouth. Tears were pouring from his eyes. Max hugged Bredgit comfortingly. I hugged Carmine, though in had started crying as well. This wasn't happening... Was it?!

My eyes opened quickly. I shot up while panting. Two streams of steady beeps, people in beds. I was very confused. Then I remembered. I had stayed the night and must've fallen asleep. It was morning now, Ely's mom was awake. Carmine was sitting it the chair besides her. His siblings were most likely home. Danny was asleep, Max awake besides him.

The same beeping started. Doctors rushed in, I looked around in panic as we were getting shoved out. This was just another dream right? Please let it be a dream... Everything seemed to be the same... Is this... Reality?

Third Person PoV
Beep...beep...Beep beep beep beep.
Something was wrong! The doctors and nurses rushed in. Getting everyone out of the room. They closed the curtain between Danny and Ely.
They were trying save Ely.
But there was nothing left to save.
Beeeeeeeepppppp. A fading straight noise echoed. Danny covered his mouth, his eyes watering.

"Clear!" Someone called pressing the defibrillator to Ely's chest. It wasn't working. After a few tries, they had to stop. One of the doctors turned off her machine and let everyone in to say goodbye, before her body went to the morgue.
No one could say anything, there were just tears everywhere. And everything that needed to be said, was left alone.
The End.

*Preparing to be smacked*
Date Published: August. 27, 2016
Edited: N/A
Total words (not including title): 783