Chapter 34

Bailey

The man started to freak out saying his arm was on fire and I just really didn't listen to much beside the scout crew was going to show up in 30 minutes and that they wouldn't listen to Maggies advice.

"You want to know my problem?" he said standing up "She did this to me." he says looking at me and panting. "And shes just sitting there ride as rain fully in tact." he says evil in his eye "hey" a girl says but i just continue to look at him staring him down.

"No if your not going to make the trade then we just do them both now." and I can feel Maggie's eyes on me "Now we wait for the others, we have to be smart wait for we need insurance." Paula says "then shoot her in the arm to." "No." she says laughing. "Your really going to stick up for this bitch over me?" he asks "God damn it." he screams clutching his arm "shut up." she says "don't test me Paula." "shut up." she says again and he slaps her across the face. 

He then starts walking towards me and Maggie yells "Leave her alone" and then swings her feet and he falls and then grabs maggies hair and pulls her up "No!" I scream. "Maggie headbutts him and I grab his leg then he turns around and starts to kick me everywhere most;y in my ribs and then Paula hits him with the butt of her gun making me fall down.

"You really are some kind of stupid." she says looking at Maggie. "Take her out see of she knows anything." and the youngest one grabs her and yanks her away. 

"He got you good kid." Molls says to Paula "hes in pain." she counters back "Guys cant handle pain."

"Thanks." I say and the both look over at me "For helping Maggie and helping me." I said "I see who you are Bailey. Youre pathetic." she says and I know my act is working "You want to think were just the same, go ahead, your wrong. He's just a warm body for my bed, I could kill him in my sleep." I look down and start to play with the cross in my hand.

She chuckles "Do you really believe in that crap?" she asks "Faith got me through the death of my mother and father." i said making myself tear up "Well good news is you might see them soon." she says walking away.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Have you thought about it?" I hear Ricks cracking voice "You weren't listening." she says "I said I'd contact you." "Does it make a difference of i said i was sorry about that?" he asks "What do you think?" "I think your going to make the trade so tell me where." "We haven't agreed to that." "You will." "Im not so sure." she says walking around like shes talking on the phone with one of her friends "We'd be taking the risk not getting much of a reward." "The other option wont work out for you." "We'll take our chances."

"You don't have to do this we don't have to fight." i said "Your people killed all of my people." Molls says and I feel a little sad because i do feel bad about doing that. "Of course we have got to fight." she finishes "We didn't want to." i said shaking my head.

"But you did so tell me why." Paula says "Your people ambushed my people on the road." i said thinking about Daryl and making myself tear up again "Tried to take everything we had. They were going to kill them." I whispered the last part "Well damn." the older women says "So now we know what happened to T's group." 

"Those idiots. Probably put on a big show." "Okay, Fair play, you were just defending yourself. See your people killed them on the road, Right? blew them to pieces, so why not stop?" "They said they were working for Negan." "What do you think you know about Negan?" she asks "He sounded terrifying, we were scared we wanted to stop him." "Sweetie, were all Negan." she says lighting another cigarette and I was confused. "What does that mean?" i ask but no one answers.