Chapter 15

I woke up with a jolt the morning sun in my eyes I got out of bed and walked to the bathroom I splashed some water on my face getting rid of all the sweat. It had to be around 4 or 5 in the morning and Daryl was still asleep, I think he is starting to like this place especially now because he is sleeping through the night without any Beth nightmares. I got dressed in my black pants and one of Daryl's flannels I brushed through my hair and brushed my teeth, I walked downstairs and found Glenn siting at the bar all ready for the day as well I went and sat next to him.

"Can't sleep either?" i asked looking at his face "I think i am to worried about this run." he said looking at my face "nightmare?" he asked and I laughed "can you really tell by my face?" i asked "Its your eyes, I have seen many and a lot of eyes now a days are like yours but all the time yours aren't so I just guessed."Well you are correct. what look are you talking about?" "Fear" he said simply looking at me "Maggie used to look like yours all the time but since Beth they have been a lot like your nightmare eyes just all the time." he said looking at his hands "Im glad you two are getting closer and becoming close friends, she really likes you she likes hanging out with you she says she misses Beth and her Father a lot less when shes hanging out with you, and thats good I just want her happy." "yeah, shes an amazing person, your very lucky to have her." i said and nudged him and we both chuckled "You two are really good together though you are both very lucky to have each other." I said with a smile and he smiled "yeah I am so lucky. I love her like crazy." he said and I just smiled at him "well, I am going to take a walk before our run ill be back in a little bit." I said getting up and walking out the door "bye." I heard him call as I stepped out side into the cold early morning air.

I walked around and watched the sun come up and the people start to wake up and come out of their houses the would wave at me and I would wave back, I talked to an old couple and I also ran into Sam and had a small conversation with him. I headed back to the house knowing it was almost time to leave I walked into the house and everyone was getting breakfast I grabbed an apple and sat by Rick. "Wheres Daryl I asked Rick who was feeding Judith "upstairs sleeping as usual." he said and I chuckled I stuck my tongue out at Judith who copied me and Rick just laughed as did I.

I walked upstairs and opened the door seeing a lump in the bed, I felt as it was time for him to wake up so i walked over to the bed. I moved the blanket and he groaned "good morning sleepy head." I said to him "go back to bed." he said and i laughed "I am leaving soon Dar, some people have to do their jobs." I said teasing him. He grabbed my arm and pulled me down to lay next to him. "hey what was that for?" i asked laughing "For waking me up." he said with a cute little smirk. I leaned in and kissed his nose and then his forehead and then his nose again i then kissed him gently. He was looking at me "Come back to me." he said "hey that's what I say to you." I said smiling and he just looked at me seriously "I am being serious I don't want you getting hurt." he said "I am coming back Dar don't worry, I will be fine." I said kissing him and him kissing back. "Now come say goodbye to everyone." "ugh okay" he said groaning he got up and so did I " is that my shirt?" he asked looking at me with a little smile "maybe" i said smiling back "I like it on you it looks good." he said walking towards me, he grabbed my arm and leaned down and kissed me and I kissed back it wasn't long enough soon we parted lips and not soon after that we had to part ways.