Chapter 10

I washed my hair feeling the warm water on my body, I finished my shower and grabbed a towel. I walked over to the mirror and looked at my face, I was unrecognizable my face was a lot skinnier than before and that made my cheekbones poke out. I looked deathly skinny and it freaked me out, I finally looked away and walked into the bed room there were some clothes in the wardrobe.

I picked out a dark green shirt that was a little big and some black pants I then put on my old combat boots and French braided my hair.
I walked outside and saw little kids playing with each other and that made me smile. I didn't know there were this many people still alive especially children.

Flashback-
I was in the front yard on one of my trips home from college, I was playing with my 8 year old brother Skyler. We were playing tag and we heard the front door open, I look at the door and he pokes me "your it!" He said running away. I looked back at the door to find my 14 year old brother Gage walk into the front yard. "Can I play?" He says "yeah just come here real quick" he walks up to me and I tag him and run to the back yard screaming "your it!" We had been playing for hours when they decided to gang up on me I was running and I slipped and they came and jumped on top of me. "Hey! Get off me you rugrats!" I said laughing, I finally got them off of me and I pinned them both down I then started to tickle them. They managed to get free and we raced to the house.

I got pulled out of the memory when someone touches me "space to Bailey" I looked up and saw Daryl looking at me concerned. "Oh hey sorry I was just thinking." "What were you thinking about?" I started to tear up I fought the tears I told myself to not let them fall. "Ill tell you later tonight" I said smiling and walking away.

I didn't want to tell him but I didn't want to keep it from him, it's not like I had kids it's just we were so close and I helped raise them. It was a very painful memory and it hurt to bring it up or even think about it.

We are in a relationship and the last thing I want to do is keep things from him I wouldn't want him to keep secrets from me.

So as much as I might not want to talk about it, I have to, and I will.