Chapter 33

Daryl

We finally get out of that hell whole and all I can think of is getting back to Bailey I didnt get to tell her I loved her before i left and that is all I want to do right now. We start walking away when I hear the sound of a bike i look and see that its my bike "son of a bitch." I say and I shoot him off the bike and tackle him to the ground and punching him a couple times making him bleed. "Where did you get the bike?" I ask angry because i just want to get back home "Do it." he yells not looking at me but behind me to someone else "like you did everyone else. Right?" he finishes. 

"Lowe your gun prick." I hear an unfamiliar crackly voice say "You with the cold python." she says angrier now and I have figured out where its coming from. I stand up pulling out my gun and pointing it at him "All of you lower your guns now." she says.

Rick bends down and grabs the walkie talkie and speaks "come on out we'll talk." he says "Were not coming out but we will talk." she reply's. I'm looking around trying to see if I can see anyone anywhere. "We have a Bailey and a Maggie." the women's voice says  "Damn it." I mumble. "I'm thinking thats something you want to chat about." I look at Rick who looks at me hatred on both of our faces. 

"Now were going to work this out right now and its going to go our way." I look at Glenn and he looks at me and nods we both pick up the man from his arms and stand him up. "I think we have one of yours, we'll trade." Rick says looking around "Im listening." "First I want to talk to Maggie and Bailey, make sure there alright." 

She doesn't say anything for awhile and then the static comes through "Rick it's Bailey were fine but-" I hear Bailey say and then i hear something that sounds and awful lot like a punch and I clench my jaw. "Rick it's Maggie were both fine we'll figure this out." Maggie says and I hear Glenn release a breath. 

"You have your proof, now lets talk." "Alright this is the deal. Let them go and then you can have your guy back and you can all live." Rick says trying to get our people back "Two for one that sounds like thats not much of a trade." she says and I want to punch her. 

"You don't have another choice. Or you would have done something about it already." he says. Theres nothing said for awhile when Rick talks again "I know your talking it over, Its a fair trade, just come out and we do this and we all walk away." He says trying to convince them. "Do we have a deal?" he asks and I just hope she'll say yes. "I'll get back to you." she says and I can feel the anger boiling inside me. 

Bailey 

Our groups have communicated and now they are taking me and Maggie somewhere else, they have put our jackets over our heads and they made us walk for awhile they then put us in a car and tied our hands with some sort of duct tape or gorilla tape. We then walked into a building with concrete floors, "I hate this place." the older women said "safe house my ass." she continued "This place is going to save our asses." the leader said and then a door closed. 

they took the jacket off my head and then Maggies and they had a walker in Maggies face, I almost lunged forward but I knew it would do me no good so i just stood there and soon enough the leader killed it. They took us to a room and told me and Maggie were to sit and we did exactly that she then tied my legs together with the same tape she used on my hands. 

As she did it I looked at her with a scared look on my face "If your wondering if there is a way out of this, there isn't not unless I say so." she said and then walked to Maggie tying her up. I could hear walkers snarls not to far away and then a voice "Paula we need backup!" the leader looked at me and stood up "I want to kill you both right now, its taking my everything not to, so go ahead try something I dare you." she said then left putting her backpack on in the process. 

Maggie wiggled around and then tried cutting the rope with the edge of the wall, I reached down and grabbed the cross then got stuck on my boot I held it between my hands and said in my mind "God this is ridiculous and I don't even think you're out there but if you are help my plan work." I then put the cross in my pants pocket. We heard them coming back and Maggie re-positioned herself and I started to breath really heavily making myself hyperventilate and Maggie looking at me strangely, Paula then walked in helping the man to the ground. 

"Whens the last time someone checked this place?" someone said and they continued there conversation but I couldn't focus all I could see was Maggie trying to get closer to me. The old lady walked up to me and pulled my gag off "shes a nervous little bird an't she?" she said "Look at you." a women my age said pointing a gun at me "Bitch how did you make it this far?" she asked more like said and my plan was working. "Honey you need to take some yoga breaths and calm your ass down." she said and my breathing was getting better. 

I tried to get in my pocket to get the cross out when the older lady reached in and grabbed if for me I then started to pretend to prey "Oh your one of those." the old lady said judgmentally. Maggie looked at me concerned and confused because she new this wasn't me but she couldn't figure out what was going on. "What are you so scared of?" the red headed leader asked me "Are you actually afraid to die?" she said then turning her head to the girl next to her like she couldn't believe her ears. "All this and your scared of getting your ticket punched." she scoffed and I shook my head the cross still in my hands.

"It doesn't matter what happens to me." I began to say that actually truthful "Just don't hurt Maggie." I said looking up at them "Don't hurt the baby." I said and they turned there heads my plan was working wonders for me. 

"She got a bun in the oven she doesn't look it." the man said "I'm only two months." Maggie replied "Your some kind of stupid getting knocked up at a time like this." Paula said and Maggie looked disgusted but she laughed at the same time "You think thats funny?" she asked "When is it ever smart to get knocked up?" Maggie asked "Women used to just die in childbirth, and they always thought the world was going to end but they got through it. why would you just give up?" "But are you? going to survive it?" she asked.

"Anyway its cute. Babies are the point, children are our future. Making bite sized snacks for the dead. The point is to stay standing." "No walkers do that. Im choosing something." "Thats right, you are, your dead." she said and walked away from her. 

The older lady then pulled out a pack of cigarettes and smokes one coughing hard "The baby." I say simply and she laughs and coughs "Honey in case you haven't noticed you have bigger problems than a little second hand smoke." she said looking at me putting it in her mouth again. "Molls." the youngest women says and she puts it out hesitantly. "Ya'll are worse than a bunch of second graders." she says then starts a couching fit "those things will kill you." I said remembering when I would tell Daryl that when he would light one "It already has." she says holding the bloody handkerchief "I'm a dead women walking." she says "Which puts us in exactly the same boat." she says laughing and coughing again. 

I then closed my eyes hoping I can get us both out of here and if not both of us then at least Maggie. I need to get her out to Glenn and I really hope I can get back to Daryl.