Chapter 11

Bailey

The whole group decided to stay in one house for a while, just till we know it's safe. We all were siting in the house with sleeping bags, blankets, pillows, and other things scattered the floor, I smiled to myself thinking this looked just like a girls slumber party. I was standing with my arms folded leaning against the wall near the door, Maggie and Glenn sat on the floor together, Rick was near me, Michonne was standing brushing her teeth, Judith in her crib, Carl near her, everyone else scattered on the couch and floor, and Daryl sitting on the window sill behind Judith looking out the window. I looked at him looking out side and he turned to see me staring at him I smiled and he gave me a small smile back. The doorbell then rang and I looked at Rick with concerned eyes and he just shrugged, I opened the door and there was the old woman that interviewed us. "Sleeping together, smart," she said shaking her head "anyways we are having a dinner tomorrow night to welcome you all I hope you can all make it." She said with a quick smile and left. I closed the door and everyone went back to how they were everyone was sleeping when I woke up to the door closing, I looked up and saw Rick and Carol and then I looked next to me and Daryl was gone. I looked at Rick and he nodded and said he was outside it was like he read my mind. I got up and walked out side to see Daryl sitting on the porch looking at the small pond in the middle of the town. I walked over to him and sat down, he looked over at me and looked away. "Did she give you a job?" He said finally speaking "No not yet." I said back "she told me I would be working with Aaron to find the good people and bring them here." I just looked at him not knowing if he wanted that job or not "I am glad I get to go out there." He said "I am happy that I can still go out there I don't want to loose the capability to hunt and to kill and to survive without walls, is that bad?" He asked me I hugged him and said "no not at all, I hope she puts me with you I don't want to be kept here all the time either." I said with his head in my hands.
We sat there on the porch talking, he asked me about what I was thinking about earlier and I came clean and told him the entire thing with my brothers.
"So do you know where they are?" He asked looking at me innocently for the first time "no I got back to them and my father but then we got attacked I lead the walkers away and my family fled I told them I would find them and my father told me he wouldn't stop looking for me." I said "oh. What happened to your mother?" " she died when my littlest brother Skyler was 2 in a car crash we were both in." I said thinking about the moment my life changed forever. He just sat there not saying anything "what about you Dixon what about your family?" "Shitty parents mom better than my dad, then my mother died, she liked to smoke in bed a little to much, anyways my dad started beating me and my older brother Merle he beat Merle before my mother died but he started with me after she died I got out of the house as soon as I could." He said looking at the pond in front of us. "What about your brother?" I asked wondering about the man "I looked up to him for the longest time he was also a piece of shit but, he was my big brother and I loved him, he always told me he would wait for me to turn 18 and we would leave together but he left when he turned 18 came back for me when I turned 18 but still the years without him were the worst of my life." He stopped for a second to I think choke back tears "we were together when this thing started but we got separated he ended up with a man called the governor, our biggest enemy, I found him brought him back with us but he left I guess he wanted to try to kill the governor and well the governor killed him."
We stayed in the same spot talking until morning when the sun had rose and we finally got up to wake Rick and switch watch so we could get some sleep.