Chapter 30

Bailey

We walk back in the house after everyone calms down. We all sit in the library of the museum that was made into a house.

Before the end of the world I used to really be into museums and history, we never had much money so every birthday I would ask to go to the nearest museum and I can't even remember the name of it.

I loved learning about history and now it will be a miracle if there is school again. Carl and Judith and all the kids that are still alive are getting robbed of.

We sit talking Jesus tells us about someone they have been giving supply's to so he doesn't kill them and that's who is holding the other man. His name is Negan and he is the head of a group called the Saviors.

"I think we can help." Rick says and I look up at him dumb founded "if we take out Negan and the Saviors and also save Craig we get half your supplies in return, food, medicine, exedra." And I'm astonished again and then Daryl adds in a list of thing and I sit and shake my head. "I'll talk to Gregory." Jesus says and walks away

"You guys really want another war?" I asked "we need the supplies." Daryl said "and the medicine." Maggie stated "this Negan guy sounds bad, you think we can just beat him?" "You don't?" Rick says

"Guys?" Jesus asks and we all look over at him "he wants to discuss it with Maggie." He says and we look over at Maggie and she nods her head in agreement. And I walk outside.

I stand on the porch leaning against the railing looking at all of the sad looking people working. Wondering what's going to happen if Gregory accepts the offer.

I hear footsteps and I already know who it is. I sigh shaking my head "We need the supply's Bailey." He says from behind me "look he hasn't accepted yet so I don't want to talk about it." I said not looking at him.

The group then walks out of the house "he accepted the deal." Rick says "great." I sighed and walked to help load the RV. When the RV is all loaded up I get in and sit down on the couch.

Everyone else climbs in Abraham sitting next to me. Maggie and Glenn sitting next to each other looking extremely happy. They pass around a picture and when I get it I see it's an ultrasound.

I look at the fetus and a smile comes to my lips but also worry comes over my face knowing this pregnancy and birth is going to be tough.

Looking at the picture I see hope and I see the future and I'm just scared this war might not let us have a future.

I take one lasts look at the tiny baby and hand the photo to the next person. When Daryl gets it I see a tiny little smile on his face and I can't help but smirk a little bit.

Even though we're going to have another war on our hand I'm thankful for this little moment with my family not having to fight anyone or thing.