I Ain't Gonna Stop (Riley McDonough) for Leen

I Ain’t Gonna Stop (Riley McDonough)

For Leen (@LeenKobeissi8)

Leen’s POV

“Hey Leen.” A really familiar voice said as I close my locked. I turned around to see Riley Thomas McDonough, the most ANNOYING human being ever, yet he is handsome.

“Hey Riley.” I said sounding uninterested to see him.

“I was wondering if you’d like to join me for lunch later?” he asked.

I thought for awhile, thinking of a possible excuse. Even if his is that handsome, I don’t want to accept his offer. And besides, joining him for lunch would blow every girl’s mind. He is popular and he has bitchy friends and jerk friends, but he is different. He wasn’t popular because he was such an asshole or a jerk, it’s because he was in famous band with his brother and some of their friends.

Riley might have noticed that I was taking so long to answer his question, so he decided to snap his fingers in front of me. “So?” he trailed.

“Uhm… No thanks. I’ll just be with my OWN friends.” I replied emphasizing OWN so he’ll get the message I was saying.

“Ok. I’m cool.” He shrugged. “But do you mind if I take you out for dinner later?”

Really? When are you doing to stop this? He has been like this these past few days, asking me to join him for lunch, asking me out for dinner and all those bullshit. As the person I am, I declined every single one of it, of course. I’d make excuses so he doesn’t have to bug me. And it was quite fulfilling that he buys all those excuses.

“Sorry Riley, I can’t.” I said. “I have to go home really early and so some business with my mom.” I lied. “Really, sorry.”

“It’s fine. Some other time, maybe.” He said.

“Ok.”  I said, but to be honest there is no some other time. I’d never stop declining your offers.

“Ok. How about tomorrow then?”

“Sorry. I can’t. I have training and I’d be home really late by then.” I lied again.

“Ok. Maybe the day after tomorrow?” when are you gonna stop? Can’t you see I’m not gonna say yes to all that.

“I still can’t. I’d be really busy by then.” I said. “Maybe I’ll just tell you when I’ll be not busy so you don’t have to worry about getting the perfect timing.” I said. Well, I’m never telling you when I’m free. I’ll always be busy when you’d ask me again.

All honestly, I’m not busy today or tomorrow. I don’t have business with my mom and I don’t have training by any means. I’m not sporty or anywhere close to that. I’m just an ordinary nerd.

“Ok, then. I better get going.” He said. “Don’t want to be late for my next class.” He added as he winked at me.

“Yeah. Bye.” I uncomfortably said.

“Don’t forget about what you said. Tell me when you are free, okay?”

“Yeah.” I said and walked off to my next class.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

The day just went by so fast. Nothing much happened. As I said, I ate lunch with my friends and went home early but skip the business with mom thing. I got home, I greeted my mom and dad and went straight to my room.

I lay down flat on my bed, as I listen to a band’s music.

Wondering which band? It’s Before You Exit.