Movie Date (Toby McDonough) for Kaylee Smith

For Kaylee Smith

Kaylee’s POV

I was just enjoying my typical day at the mall, alone. My best friend didn’t show up for some unknown reason. I enter and exit different stores without buying a single item. All I ever did inside were to look at the new arrivals and to check if there is any item I planned on buying if I get my allowance.

I got to McDonalds and purchased a McBurger and McFloat. Before I walk out the fast food store, I consumed all the burger. I then walk out with my McFloat in hand.

Strolling around the mall, suddenly my McFloat flew right into my face. I jumped away from the spill but all the ice cream was already on my face and the coke was all over my shirt.

“Just my luck!” I mumbled as I tried to wipe away the ice cream from my face.

“I’m really sorry. I didn’t mean it.” the person that I bumped into me said. “Let me help you.” He added.

“It’s okay.” I said.

“I’m really sorry. I should have been looking at where I was looking.”

“Don’t mind it. Let’s just say it’s both our fault, deal?” I stated.

“Deal.” He said. “By the way, I’m Toby and you are?”

“Kaylee.” I held out a hand to shake.

“Nice meeting you, Kaylee.” He said as we shake hands.

“You too.”

 “So, could I buy you a drink in replacement of that?” he said pointing to the spilled drink on the floor.

“Nah!! It’s okay. Let’s just get away from here, before someone ask us to clean the mess up.” I said smiling.

He holds my hand and pulled me away from the mess.

“That was close, I just noticed someone coming towards us before we ran away.” I said.

“Yeah, it was close.” He agreed. “Are you sure you don’t want another drink?”

“It’s fine, Toby.” I uttered. “I was about to throw it away.”

“Throw it away?!” he repeated not believing about what I said.

I gave him a huge smile and he just laughed at me. I’m not a great liar, am I? I was dumb obvious. My bad!

“That was a lie, right?”

“Yeah.”

“So, if you don’t want another drink, what can I do to make it up the spilled drink?” he said still not giving up on giving me a replacement of that stupid drink.

“You don’t have to give a replacement.” I said.

“No, I insist.” He said. “What time is it?” he asked.

I looked at my wrist watch. “It’s 7.”

“Just on time.” he applauded.

“On time for what?” I asked clueless.

“On time for a movie. I have bought two tickets to watch ‘The Conjuring’, for some unknown reason.”

“Two tickets, and you are on your own?” I muttered.

“Yeah. I’m quite stupid if you ask me. So maybe you want to join me?” he questioned.

“Like on a movie date?” I suddenly asked.

Don’t get your hopes up, Kaylee. He doesn’t like you. He just needs someone to accompany him to watch a freaking HORROR movie. And by incident, you bumped into him and he has no choice but ask you instead, rather than not asking you. The other ticket would just be a waste of money.