Chapter Eighteen

If it ain't you then who?...

If it ain't you then who's gonna love you?

--Roger Rabbit; Sleeping With Sirens

-------------------------------

Warning: This is kind of cheesy. But I just had to

Margo

It's Monday. I used to hate Mondays. Like really. I dreaded going to school before. I hated school. School was torture for me. I was tormented in the pack house before with only the members of the Silver Crescent were, think about a whole school from the vicinity looking down on you, bullying you, calling you names, and just plain torture. 

"What's with the grumpy face?" Maya teases me as we towards the school building . Jemcerson just snickers beside me. I roll my eyes at my friends and look at Maya who is holding Kyle's hand. "Yeah, you look grumpy." Jourdan muses. Oh man, not her too. The gorgeous African-American just gives me an amused smile.

"She looks grumpy every day." Florian smirks and I narrow my eyes at him. "No I don't!" I exclaim and punch his shoulder. "I just hate Mondays." Jemcerson just chuckles and snakes his arm around my shoulder and gently pulls me closer to him. He plants a butterfly kiss on my temple as Florian and Kyle pushes the double doors open. 

I no longer see these hallways as I used to see before. I used to hate these hallways. This is where I get tripped, pushed, shoved and made fun of before. Now, students part like the red sea to let us pass.  Being popular has its perks. I look around the busy hallway. Students are bustling around with their bags, nerds scampering around, couple making out, teachers walking past students and others just lounging around their lockers. 

Jourdan, Kathy and Maya are engaged in their own conversation. Florian and Kyle are also bickering about something, shoving each other's shoulders here and there. They look like kids. Jemcer tightens his hold around my shoulders as we enter our classroom.

I plop down on my seat beside  Jemcer's. Florian takes his seat behind me. Jourdan and Kathy are at the rear portion of the room. Kyle and Maya are seated near the door. I look at Jemcer. He's rummaging through his backpack for something when the teacher strolls in and slams his book on the teacher's desk, making us whip our heads towards him.

He sure has a way to catch our attention.

"Psst!" I look at Jemcer. I raise an eyebrow at him. He smiles and mouths I love you and flashes me a heart-stopping smile. I've been with Jemcer for almost six months now but I don't think I'll ever get used to his perfectness. I smile back at him. I love you more. I mouth. We sound really cheesy right now, but I don't really care. We both care deeply for each other and we're not ashamed of it. 

"That's not possible." His deep, husky voice flitters in my head. I'm about to open my mouth to retaliate when the teacher raises his voice again. Jemcerson just smirks and raises his eyebrows at me as if conveying "you were saying?". I love him but I really want to punch that snug smile off his face. 

The jerk.

He sees me glowering at him and that just seems to amuse him even more. He just chuckles and winks before shifting in his seat and facing the black board. I don't think I'll ever get used to his oh so handsome glory though. He turns to me and smirks. "Oh so handsome glory, huh?" His voice flitters in my mind again. "Get out of my head, you jerk." I whisper-yell before putting my walls up. He smirks then frowns.