Safety is a warm embrace.

The three men were arrested and Ren's information was taken and he also put them into contact with LME's legal department as he said it would be better for them to speak to them in hope this wouldn't become gossip. The police understood and were very professional about the situation, as Kuma would have been too big to fit into the police cars, the ambulance said they would drop them off at Ren's apartment as they were heading that way anyway. Ren watched as Kyoko sat on the bed opposite from him as she slowly stroked Kuma's back with one hand. She was trembling badly he didn't know whether it was from shock or the closeness of Kuma but he could see that something in the young woman had changed. He just hoped it wasn't her aversion to men growing stronger.

His worry though seemed to be unfounded as a small hand linked with his as the ambulance drove out of sight. He could feel her trembling and held her hand firmly and never said a word when as a small group they walked to his apartment together, Kuma at his side. When they had entered the apartment Ren tossed the shopping bag onto the table and led Kyoko to the sofa, sitting her down he covered her with the blanket he had there.

"Kyoko are you OK?" he asked softly as he stroked her hair. He watched, the tears she had been holding back filled her eyes and began to pour out as she flung herself into his chest and sobbed her heart out. She had been so scared and in her mind the only thing she could think of was him. She had been begging to any listening god for him to come, for him to save her.

He came. He and Kuma came for me...

Her head was pounding and her back, sides and wrists were all aching where the bruises were starting to appear as blue and black swollen welts. Ren held her til her trembling lessened as he placed her back on the sofa wrapping her in the blanket.

"I'm going to make you a hot drink Kyoko, wait here a moment." she nodded knowing the hot liquid would warm her freezing soul. She didn't jump as Kuma laid his large head on the sofa next to her as Ren left and she didn't scream and freak out. She just placed her small hand on his large head and stroked him slowly.

Alpha OK? Alpha safe now alpha look after her Kuma look after alpha too

Kyoko liked the feel of his soft wiry fur beneath her fingers and for the first time in her life the sensation didn't fill her with fear, but more a deeper feeling of safety. This dog no matter how she had treated him with distance and fear had come to her rescue, he had sensed she was in trouble. She had listened as Ren had told the police of how Kuma had realised before him something was wrong and how he had ran across three roads and two blocks to get there before him.

"If it wasn't for you they might have..." Kyoko couldn't even think about what they might have done. Her voice cracked as fresh tears started to well up in her eyes.

"Thank you Kuma. Good boy." she whispered as she leant forwards and placed a kiss on the big dog's head. Ren watched this from the kitchen doorway he didn't want to disturb this moment, choosing instead to go to his bedroom. He ran the big bath in his en suite adding bath foam from his cupboard he didn't even remember where it had come from, an ex maybe? But it smelt of lavender reminding him of their walk together just a week before.

Oh how much has happened and how far you have come Kyoko.

He thought as he walked back to the lounge to tell her about the bath running and to give her the hot drink, Ren froze as he entered the lounge. She was gone she wasn't sitting on the sofa and where was Kuma? Ren's heart started pounding.

"KYOKO? KYOKO?" he shouted as he ran towards the hallway to the front door, had she left? He hadn't heard the door. Where was she?

"Ren-san?" he spun and saw her in the kitchen doorway with Kuma, his heart jumping as he raced over and hugged her.