Dreams of the Heart (A Dark Vampire Romance) ~ Chapter Twenty Four

Hiya people... I am hugely sorry for the delay, had a major case of writers block, sorry =( . . .

Anyway, here is another chapter for you, a nice cute one, hope you like it . . .

I'm thinking of ending this one and starting a sequal soon, so give me your opinions down there V lol . . .

Comment, vote, fan me, whatever . . . Hope you like it =D

Chapter Twenty Four

We'd spent the next hour or so talking about my childhood, the very few boyfriends I'd had and all the most embarrassing moments of my life. I was grateful that Dad didn't pull out the family photo album and show Dominic my baby photo's, especially the one of me naked in the bath. That would have just been beyond embarrassing.

We drove home and listened to the purr of the engine and the soft music in the background. We didn't need to talk, it was enough to hold hands over the center console of the car and look at eachother from time to time. Sometimes, words just weren't needed.

We pulled up the drive and I saw a truck parked by the front door, the driver leaning against the side with a cigarette in his mouth. He looked your typical delivery guy, clipboard under his arm, white t-shirt, jeans and worker boots.

Dominic pulled up at the house and I heard him chuckle. "What?" I asked, looking into his profile. He just shook his head and opened his door. "Your gonna love this..." He murmured, as his door closed and he began walking towards the guy by the truck.

Confused and a little curious, I got out of the car and then went over to the men, who were talking quietly by the back. There was no information on the side of the truck, so I had no idea who the man was delivering for, so as a result, no idea what was inside the truck.

As I neared Dom and the driver, they both looked at me and stopped talking, the man going to the doors at the back and Dominic grasping my hand. "Come on love..." He said, a smile on his face, eyes sparkling.

"Dominic? What are you-"

The sound of a low purring noise had be freezing on the spot and for a milisecond, I thought there was a lion in the back of the truck, but then the sound registered and I gasped. "No..." I breathed, looking into Dominic's face. He just laughed and tucked me tight under his arm, pulling me to the back of the truck.

There was a ramp proped on the bed of the truck, the doors swung open. I tried to look inside, but Dom held me back, running a pattern with his finger over my shoulder. I looked up at him again, pleading with my eyes, to see the car.

"I thought you didn't want it?" He asked softly, kissing my jaw. I moaned a little, promising myself that I would thank Dominic properly later, when we were alone. "Please?" I begged.

Dominic looked at me, staring straight into my soul for a heartbeat and then shouted. "Alright! Come on!"

I heard an engine purr to life and then stood in awed shock, as a dark grey Ferarri F430 Spyder, my dark grey F430 Spyder, came down the ramp. I shrieked in shock and jogged to the drivers door. The delivery guy stepped out and smiled at me. "Its an amazing car, but a little too feminine for me..." He chuckled at my confused expression and walked to Dominic. They started talking softly, so I decided to take a look inside.

The seats were pleated material, grey, black and pink, finished off with a skull with a bow embezzled into the headrest. The dash was black, with gadgets I didn't want to touch incase I broke the car. There was an amazing stereo system and I knew how the worked, so I pulled out my iPod and started copying files to the cars stereo memory. After it finished, I went through the songs, untill I found Placebo, Running up that Hill. The song blasted through the speakers and I started giggling.

"Having fun?" I turned to see Dominic leaning into the car, bent at the waist. A smile was plastered on his face and he looked like a god.

"You're amazing, you know that?" I said, turning the stereo off and taking the key as I got out. As I closed the door, Dominic took me into his arms, his warmth and love absorbing me and making me feel whole. "What did I ever do to deserve you?" I murmured, looking into the face of the man I love.

How could I have been so lucky? After countless bad dates and horrible partners, I'd found the perfect man, my match. The only one I could ever imagine spending the rest of my life with. Eternity with. Dominic was a vampire when I met him, and to some, that would be terrifying and deserve a good scream and a stint in a mental clinic. But for me, he has always been kind, considerate, giving, loving and sexy. What else could a girl need?

Or vampire, I should say...

Dominic pulled me tighter against him and stared down at me. His eyes glittered with love. "Elena, I am the lucky one... When I met you, I was a dark creature. Death and life meant little to me. But you've awakened me and shown me what true living can be like, something I'd long forgotten... I love you, from now until forever..." He murmured, lowering his head to mine. Our lips met and passion burst inside me.

I drowned in the building inferno until I had to pull back to collect myself. I looked around, a little disorientated, and saw the man and his truck were gone. I looked puzzled up at Dominic, who chuckled and started walking us indoors. "He left whilst you were playing in your new toy..." He said, shutting us in together.

I turned at the foot of the stairs and put my hands on my hips. "Really?"

"Yes..." He said, prowling towards me. I giggled as he neared me and circled me, our bodies only a hairs width apart. I could feel sparks shoot between us and my body hummed with life. "Speaking of, do you like the car?" He asked, standing behind me. He nibbled the skin by my ear and I melted into him.

"Yes..." I breathed, trying to control myself.

Dominic made a noise, a growl and kissed my neck. "And... How are you going to pay me back for my kindness?" He murmured, walking slowly around to face me. His face had gone from beautiful and loving, to lusty and sinful in those few milliseconds. His eyes were alive, travelling over my body, leaving trails of fire in their wake.

"Hmm... Well, I guess I should say thank you..." I breathed, going on my tip toes to kiss him. Just as our lips were about to touch, I turned my face and spun, heading up the stairs. "But you'll have to catch me first!" I squealed, sprinting as fast as I could.

I heard Dominic make an erotic growl and then he was after me, taking the stairs two at a time. He looked like a man on a mission, a hunter after its prey.

© Amy Sagar