Dreams of the Heart (A Dark Vampire Romance) ~ Chapter Six

I had a bit of writer's block on this chapter, so I'm sorry if it's a bit iffy, but I tried really hard. Comments are great guys, so let me know what you think/if you like/don't like. And Vote =)

Chapter Six

One solution for a case of the blue's... shopping. There is not a woman alive who can't feel better after spending some money on new clothes and a couple must have books.

I drove into town later that day, after returning my brother, Stephen's, phone call, and went to buy myself a new outfit. He had called to check up on me. It seems him and Willow had something in common. They both thought they knew what was best for me. He told me about this guy he works with, Liam, who I 'just had to meet'. Apparently I was in dire need of a man, or at least a one nighter, as that 'is the key to solve all my problems'. Yeah right!

I laughed off that conversation and walked into Black Velvet, the hottest clothing shop for Gothic/Emo styles. Not that I put myself in one of those categories, I just think corset tops, ruffle skirts, leather trousers and boots look cool. As I looked around, I lost myself in a world of leather, chains and skulls. The shop was huge, with two floors. Women's on the ground floor, men upstairs. I walked around, browsing through the tops, skirts, trousers and leathers. I was thinking maybe a black corset top, which laced up the front, combined with a short red and black tartan ruffle skirt and knee high black boots.

I was reaching for the skirt, when I got that feeling. 'I'm being watched again'. No sooner had the thought gone through my mind when I heard the most beautiful voice known to man.

"That's nice... Special occasion?" I turned to see Dominic, standing so close to me, I could feel the warmth of his body, smell his delicious fragrance. His eye's were still hard and cold, but his smile took my breath away. Wearing a crimson, button down shirt, black slacks, black shoes and a long leather coat, he looked amazing. His body was better than I remembered. He towered over me and his shoulders were wide. I loved that in a man.

"I... Uh... It's nothing." I stammered, my cheeks flaming. I hid the skirt and top behind my back and took a step away from him. "What are you doing here?"

"I was looking for a new coat when I spotted you. I thought I'd say hello." He reached around my back and took the clothes from me. Looking at them, his face turned brooding. His eyes seemed to heat up and my body did the same in response. "You'll look amazing in these."

I laughed and turned a deeper shade of red. "Thanks... I'm going out tonight and needed a new outfit." I confessed.

"Oh really?" Dominic's face scrutinized mine. He looked too interested.

"Um... Yeah. My friends forcing me. I'd rather say home and chill, that's not my kind of scene, but..."

"But what?"

"I... I was hoping there was a chance I'd see you." I admitted, looking down at my feet. I'd thought about it and seeing as how he was there last night, I thought it might be a regular thing. It was the deciding factor in caving in to Willow.

Dominic reached for my chin and lifted my face to his. His eyes scorched my soul. He was addicting. I couldn't get enough of his face. His body. Him.

"Why are you embarrassed? I don't really need a coat. I just had to come up with an excuse to talk to you." His smile was boyish, cheeky. I couldn't reply. No coherent answer formed in my brain.

"Where are you going? If you don't mind my asking?" He released my chin and straightened up, handing me back my clothes. I took them and blinked a few times, in an attempt to clear my now hasy head.

"Um... The Black Rose. You know it?" I replied, my voice weak and faint.

"Yes, I know it quite well. Would it be okay if I were to turn up there?" Dominic should be illegal. That face and voice combination, along with the leather and woodland scent of him, could melt any woman's heart.

"More than okay. It would make my night." I smiled at the thought. Tonight's plans were growing on me more and more. Sure, Willow had said just us, but I'm sure she wouldn't mind Dominic hanging with us for a little while. I can't imagine any woman objecting to spending time with him. The thought made me stiffen, jealousy boiled in my blood.

"Are you sure?" He'd noticed my bodies reaction, my limbs turning to ice.

"Yes... Please come. Really, I'd love you to. We'll be there around... 7:30?"

"I'll see you there then." He smiled at me and turned away. He got to the boots and stopped. "These would go well with the outfit." He motioned towards a pair of black leather boots. They had a platform heel and had skulls with bows etched into the leather. They were amazing.

"I agree." I replied and with that, he walked out the shop.

© Amy Sagar