Dreams of the Heart (A Dark Vampire Romance) ~ Chapter Twenty Three (PART 2)

Here is the next part of this chapter, I hope you like it... Comment and vote xxx

Chapter Twenty Three (PART 2)

Recap

"I know... Please... Go see she's okay... And tell her I'm sorry for saying that..." He said weakly, walking to a chair and sinking down. He rested his head in his hands and I found myself uncomfortable, as if intruding on a private moment. Quietly, I walked from the room to find Elena.

I followed her scent and found her in a bedroom. It was decorated simply and with pale colours. White flowers were in a vase on a dresser, but they weren't real, they were silk.

Elena's room.

"Come her love..." I murmured, holding my arms open for her. She turned towards me and her face was stained with blood. It ran from her eyes, down her cheeks and disapeared under her jaw. She looked in imsense pain, and though I knew that she wasn't physically hurt, it still tore my heart in two to see her like this.

A sob escaped her as she ran into my arms. I held her tight and stroked her hair, murmuring how much I loved her and how her fathers comment had hurt him too. A few minutes later, she was silent and still. She leaned back and looked up at me. I smiled at her and stroked her cheek.

"I cry blood now?" She asked, her voice like gravel.

"You saw?"

"I can smell it..." She whispered, licking her finger and running it along her cheek. She looked at her finger than, and found it coated in blood. She looked at me as I bent my head down and licked the blood from her finger. She looked puzzled at first and then smiled a little.

"Tasty?" She asked, laughing a little. I nodded but then added. "A little salty..."

She giggled and hugged me again. "Thank you for making me smile..."

"I'm always here for you... I won't let you be upset..." I said into her hair, smelling her unique fragrance.

She pulled back with a stern look on her face. "Mr Valentine? You wouldn't be smelling me, would you? Especially not in my fathers house?" She added playfully.

"Well, this is your childhood room..."

She looked down. "This was my mother and fathers room... He won't stay in here now..." She said quietly, looking around the room as though deep in thought.

So I was wrong. This was her mothers room. Of course she'd go somewhere that represented her mother after what Jack had said. I looked around the room and could almost hear the sounds of Elena, a young girl, playing with her mother and laughing. I looked over at Elena and saw that she looked like she was remembering her. She was smiling to merself and running her hand over the stuffed toys on the bed.

"Elena?"

She looked up startled. Then she cleared her throat and stepped forward. "I'll just go wash my face and we'll go back down..." She said and then walked out of the room. I sighed and followed her out.

Elena's POV

I never knew pain like this. Physical pain didn't compare. My father's words had cut me deep and awoken memories I'd buried long ago, memories I never wanted to visit again. I didn't really want to go back down to face my father again, but I couldn't prevent it, and Dominic had reassured me that we would have to leave soon anyway, so I took a deep breath, washed my face and then went back downstairs.

I found him sitting in his chair, staring into a glass of whiskey. Two glasses were placed on the table, for us I assumed. He looked up and cleared his throat, looking away quickly.

"It's okay Jack... I told her... Just forget it..." Dominic said softly, looking intently at my father. He was trying to calm my dad and it looked like it was working. He relaxed into the chair and a small smile spread across his face.

"Elena, you look amazing... My beautiful girl... Come, sit here." He said, patting the cushion of the chair next to his. I went over to the chair and sat as Dad grabbed my hand. Dominic stood by the fireplace and smiled.

"Elle, this man-" He turned to look at Dominic. "Keep hold of him... He saved you when I wasn't there too, and I will always be in his debt... If you'd been hurt or... raped... or-" He couldn't finish, tears gathered in his eyes and he choked back his tears.

"Dad... I-"

"No honey, let me finish... We lost your Mother and it killed me... If I were to lose you too... I don't know what it would have done to me..." He said, looking at me with a pained face. I pulled him to me and hugged him closely. "I love you Dad..."

"Love you Elle..." He choked.

We sat for a while, holding each other and then Dad pulled back, smiling at me. He turned to Dominic then and looked like my big, protective, daddy. "Now listen here Dominic... This is my baby and I won't see her hurt by anyone... You treat her good and we'll be fine..." Dad said to him. Dominic chuckled and nodded.

"Then we'll be fine Jack, because I would never hurt your daughter, ever... She means more to me than my own life and I love her dearly." He said with all the passion and love in the world. I looked at him and felt myself fall for him all over again.

This was my life.

This was my man.

And I wouldn't change it for a thing...

AUTHORS NOTE: THIS IS NOT THE END... WAS JUST FEELING EMOTIONAL lol...

© Amy Sagar