Dreams of the Heart (A Dark Vampire Romance) ~ Chapter Seventeen

Hiya peeps... Okay, first things first, I am SO SORRY for the delay with this chapter... I've been really busy with forms and stuff for University and just couldn't think, so I apologise. Also, this chapter is just for whycrytry aka Annie... She is an amazing friend and I love her... I think she has a thing for Dom, so hope she'll enjoy this lol... Comments people, good or bad, I love 'em... Votes are good too... Love you all, your awesome xxx

Chapter Seventeen

Dominic's POV

Elena lay on my bed. Despite everything that had happened to her, she was still the most beautiful person I'd ever seen.

Her hair was still tied up messily, dried dirt matting it in places. Her clothes, damp and ripped. Her face bruised and cut. I growled at what that piece of shit had done to her. Because of me, Elena had been hurt, not just physically, but emotionally. Because of me, her life would change for eternity. Because of me, her only chance at survival, was to become a vampire.

I didn't want that. I did, of course, want her, but the cost was too much. I'd made Elena think, hard, about this. It isn't as good as it sounds. Everyone in this modern world seems to think that being a vampire is 'cool'. The media have fluffed it up. But existing like I do, in darkness, alone, for eternity... It isn't fun.

Dominic's mind went back to the night his life had changed... forever.

The door had shut silently behind Dominic, as he'd removed his overcoat and laid it down on a chair beside the only window in the room. The room he'd rented was standard in that time. It was simple. A bed, a bowl and a jug of water for washing, a bedpan and a table and chair for eating in your room. It was dark and smelt musty. It wasn't filthy, but it could have been improved.

Dominic turned to see the alluring woman lower her hood.

He gasped audibly.

She was breathtakingly beautiful. Honey blonde hair fell to her lower back and shone as bright as the sun in the dark room. It looked silky and soft, begging for a man to run his hands through it. Her face was like a goddess's, her eye's grey and sparkling, hypnotic. Her nose straight. Her cheeks rosy. Her lips, full and inviting.

She looked up at Dominic then, a slow smile curving her sensuous mouth. "You are very handsome..." She breathed, approaching Dominic. Her hips swayed as she moved across the room to stand before him. Dominic's heart rate had gone wild and his breathing ragged.

"Thank you..." he had replied weakly. His eyes were locked with hers and Dominic could only watch in awe as she had pressed her lips to his.

Her lips were soft, warm, gentle. She tasted of desire. Dark and sexy.

She sighed in approval as she stepped back. "You taste divine... Raw... Powerful... Just what I look for in my men..." She had started to circle him then, going to rest her hands on his shoulders, her chest meeting his back.

Dominic was frozen. Her touch... It paralysed him. He had never experienced anything like it and it made him weary. He had tried everything to move, even his fingers were stiff. Fear had seeped into him and made him panic. His eyes darted around the room, his breathing rapid.

"Shh... Don't fret. I'll be quick... You'll enjoy it too... I'm giving you a gift..." She breathed in his ear, placing her hand on his cheek and tilting his head until his neck was exposed. He had tried to fight, using all his strength to break free, but it was useless.

"There is no point in fighting me... I am far too strong and you are too weak... But don't worry, you'll be strong and newborn soon... A child of darkness, the rest of eternity for you to enjoy, pleasure's you can only imagine... You'll love it... Just relax." She murmured, her mouth at Dominic's throat, licking up his neck and kissing her way back. She breathed out in pleasure, a soft moan escaping her lips, before her teeth sank into his vulnerable skin.

i€'d shouted out, tearing myself from the nightmare. My breathing ragged, my chest raising and falling rapidly. A thin layer of sweat coated my body. I wiped at my face and the back of my neck, breathing slowly, trying to calm my heart rate. Memories of that night haunted my dreams and my conscious.

I'd accepted my fate long ago, but that doesn't mean I'm not bitter. I sometimes wish I could die, that I could finally rest, but vampires cannot kill themselves, so we cannot 'walk into the light' as it were.

I stared down at her and hated myself for what I was about to do. What I was about to take away from her. But she had decided. Her life was hers, to do with what she wished. 'Who am I to decide her fate?' I thought to myself, thinking about how my own had been stolen from me.

I placed my hand on her cheek. It was cold, like pressing my palm against fresh snow. Her face was white as snow too. It made me ache, to see her like this. Like my heart and soul where frozen too.

I lay myself down next to Elena, taking her icy hand in mine and resting my forehead on hers. I breathed in deeply and was elated when I caught her fragrance. It wasn't strong, but it was defiantly there and it had my dead heart beating again. I smiled to myself and sighed deeply. "I wont loose you again, my love." I promised Elena and myself.

Never again would we be apart. I would never separate us because of my own stupidity. I'd lived a long life, forever alone. No more.

'But am I being selfish? Taking her life just so I will have company?' I thought. This would always linger in my mind. That I'd murdered the woman who'd captured my heart and soul. What would stop Elena hating me in a century?

I forced myself to stop thinking about it. 'Elena had made up her mind!' I told myself firmly. I would do this and hope and pray she survived it and still cared for me afterwards.

I pressed my lips to hers and savoured the softness of them. "I won't survive if I loose you. I refuse to live without you... I love you, my Elena... Please forgive me..." I whispered softly against her mouth before kissing my way to her throat. I paused for a moment and prayed. Prayed for her survival. And mine.

Then, after kissing her once more, I bit her.

© Amy Sagar