Dreams of the Heart (A Dark Vampire Romance) ~ Chapter Twenty Three (PART ONE)

Hello =D Listen up, this is important... I'm putting this up, but it's got another part, so look out for part 2, okay.... THIS IS NOT THE FULL CHAPTER... My mum is kicking me off the laptop, grr!!! Anyhoo, comment and vote =D xxx

Chapter Twenty Three (Part One)

I'd begged and pleaded, used all of the ways I could think of to stop this from happening, but Dominic wouldn't be swayed. I'd even refused to go to his bed that night, but it hadn't worked. He'd jumped into every bed I went to, even the sofa. I'd caved in, but vowed I'd get him back for this.

We pulled up outside my fathers house at 12pm that afternoon. The house was old, but the good type. It was beautiful, with its huge bay windows and period features, like the solid oak door, that had an amazing carved picture on it. The drive was curved and met a gate at either end.

Dominic turned to me in the car and smiled. "Relax... Nothing's going to happen... We'll be here for no more than 2 hours, then I'm going to take you home and you'll have a surprise..." He said, leaning into my ear.

My pulse quickened and heat coursed through me. "What's my surprise?"

"Wait and see..." He murmured and then kissed me softly. "Come on..." He smiled as he got out the car and slammed the door shut. I took a deep breath and got out of the car, dreading what was coming.

"Elle?" I heard my father before I saw him. He came jogging out the front door and then stood frozen on the step. He looked young for a man of 57. His hair was greying and short. His face was the same as it was 10 years ago, hardly a wrinkle in sight. My father was built, not as much as Dom, but enough to look feirce. After, and even before Mum had diesd, he'd always attracted the ladies. They wouldn't leave him alone. Whether it was Mrs Jones up the street who brought a casserole every week, or Ms Bent, the leader of the neighbourhood watch, coming around to ask for his services. I always wondered why he hadn't found someone else. But then again, could I if something happened to Dominic?

"Hiya Dad." I said, walking towards him. He looked confused and still hadn't moved.

"Elle? You look different somehow..." He said puzzeled. 'Shit!' I thought and glanced at Dom. He was smiling pleasantly. "Have you lost weight?" Dad blurted out. I was shocked and just stared at him. "No!" I squealed after a moment.

"Oh... Well, you look good..." He murmured. "Come on in... Dominic I presume?" He asked Dominic as we entered the house. Dad was looking over every inch of Dom, trying to find a fault I guessed. He'd be hard pressed to find one... Well, apart from if Dom was hungry...

Dominic shot me a look, reminding me he could hear my thoughts. I mouthed 'sorry' and then hid a giggle.

"Yes sir..." Dominic said, offering Dad his hand. They grasped eachothers hand and shook. I had the impression my Dad was trying to hurt Dom, trying to test him, but Dominic was hard to hurt, even by another vampire, let alone my 57 year old Dad.

"Mmm, well, its nice to meet you Dominic..."

"You too sir..."

"Call me Jack"

"Thank you Jack" Dominic said with a nod. This was going well so far, but it would get worse as soon as Dad got onto the subject of...

"So Elle, why wasn't I told that you got attacked? Almost raped! And could have easily got murdered!" He ended shouting at me. Even thought I was now an emmortal creature, with more strength than he could fathom, he still made me jump.

"Well, I wasn't raped and the guy hardly touched me..." I lied, trying to calm him down. "I don't care what he didn't do! I'm your father! It's my job to keep you safe! You didn't even tell me it happened! I had to hear it out off his mouth..." He said, pointing a thumb at Dom, who stood in the doorway, his face hard and glaring at my father.

"I didn't tell you because there was nothing to tell!" My own anger was building now and I could smell my father's fragrance all through the house, which was igniting my thirst. "I knew you'd act like this! I'm fine! Dominic saved me!" I shouted back.

"Well, you're lucky he was there, or else you'd be with your Mother right now!" He shouted. I froze in shock and my eyes widened. Could vampire's cry? I felt like I was about to. Dominic was quickly at my side, holding me close. "Go to the bathroom, quickly... I'll be there in a moment..." He breathed in my ear, quiet enough for just me. I nodded and then left, without a glance at my father.

Dominic's POV

I watched Elena leave with a heavy heart. She was crushed by what her father had just said and I could see the tears forming in her eyes. She wouldn't realise until she saw for herself, that she would now cry blood tears. I had to get her out of the room before her father noticed.

Jack was still stood in the middle of the room, shock and pain showing on his face. I felt sorry for him, immensely sorry, but that didn't excuse his behaviour towards Elena.

"Jack... That was... Elena struggles to talk about her Mother, even with me. I don't think that was appropriate... I am hugely sorry for you and your family, but -"

"I know... Please... Go see she's okay... And tell her I'm sorry for saying that..." He said weakly, walking to a chair and sinking down. He rested his head in his hands and I found myself uncomfortable, as if intruding on a private moment. Quietly, I walked from the room to find Elena.

© Amy Sagar