Dreams of the Heart (A Dark Vampire Romance) ~ Chapter Twenty Two

Sorry for the HUGE delay... This is short and sweet, and has a cliff hanger that some of you might find entertaining lol... Hope you like it... Comment and Vote =D x

Chapter Twenty Two

We were on the busy, crowded street, people rushing up and down the path, shopping and talking. Such normal everyday things, but it was strange to me now. Things I'd been doing, would be doing for eternity... and it confused me.

'Why rush?' I thought as a man, around my age... Well, my human age, I amended, ran past us up the street.

'Why waste life on anger?' I thought as an older woman screamed into her phone.

I guess it's just my new outlook, with my eternal life now.

Dominic tightened his grip on my waist and I looked up. We'd driven to my flat and collected something's. Clothes, books, CD's, DVD's, personal items my mum had given me. Dominic had arranged for the furniture and stuff we wouldn't need to be taken out and sold. Then he'd rung the local estate agents and put it up on the market.

Next, we'd gone to a exotic car dealership and, after a lot of 'persuasion' from Dominic, I'd caved and he'd bought me a Ferrari F430 Spyder. He'd arranged for them to make it 'more my style' and after discussing the car for half an hour, we'd left, me giddy and almost skipping. The car would be delivered in a few days and I couldn't wait.

He smiled at me and kissed my cheek softly, then trailed kisses down my neck. I bit my lip to hide a moan. I couldn't get enough of him, and the more I had him, the more I wanted him. My passion grew with ever look, touch and taste.

"Are you okay my love?" He asked, as we walked into Black Velvet, the shop a comfort to me.

"I'm great" I smiled. He chuckled and let me go.

"Good... Now shop!" He said. I turned away from him to look around the shop. In the far corner, I spotted something and started towards it.

An hour later, I had a whole new wardrobe, complete with skirts, tight jeans, corset dresses, band tee's, hoodies, underwear and black leather pants, that I might add had Dominic drooling. Along with the comfy sweats and various lounging clothes I had, I would be sorted, dress wise, for quite some time.

We were driving out of town, towards home, when my phone started ringing. It was late and we'd been out for three and a half hours, so we needed to get out of the sun. It was weird, having a limit on the time I could spend outside, but I was grateful for any at all.

I went through my bag until I had my phone in hand. Looking at the caller ID, I saw my dad's number and picture.

"It's my dad..." I said, looking at Dominic. Panic rose in me. I didn't know how soon I could see my family. 'Would I look different to them? Sound different?'

"Answer it..." Dominic said, taking hold of my free hand and stroking my palm. I relaxed a degree and then breathed out, answering the call.

"Hello?" I said tensely.

"Elle?" My dad answered. My heart raced at the sound of his voice. I hadn't spoken to him in some time.

"Hi Dad... How's things?"

"Oh baby girl... I'm better now I can hear your voice... Where've you been hiding? And why is your flat up for sale?" His voice took on a firm edge at the end.

I looked over at Dom, who nodded slightly whilst keeping his eyes on the road.

"Um... I need to talk to you about that..." I started. I heard Dad breath out slowly on the other end of the line and could just imagine his face. He'd look tense, his jaw clenched, his brow knotted, his eyes stormy. "Okay, I'll just say it... Basically, I met this amazing man the other night who completely blew my breath away... He saved me from almost getting raped and now, I'm moving in with him and we're going to be together forever..." I finished, Dominic was shaking beside me and I looked to see his hand clamped over his mouth to stop giggles escaping.

My Dad was silent.

"Dad?"

Nothing.

"DAD!?"

"I want you to come over... Right now." His tone was emotionless. Shit. He was pissed off, big time.

"Dad, I -"

"NOW!"

"I'm sorry, but I can't... I-"

"You will get your ass here in the next thirty minutes, or I'm coming looking for you!" He threatened. I grew angry and started to shake, attempting to rein in my temper. I had never wanted to scream at my father so much. I knew he was controlling, but hell!

"You will not!" I countered. "I'm perfectly safe where I am and Dominic-"

"Dominic? Dominic who?" He said.

I was holding the phone one minute and then it was gone.

"Hello Sir... My name is Dominic Valentine-" My breathe caught in my throat at that. 'Valentine? Dominic Valentine... Elena Valentine...' I liked it. "I know your daughter... Yes Sir, it happened outside Sinners... Yes Sir, I dealt with him... I made her quit..."

I could hear my dad on the other end, firing questions at Dominic, who answered them and avoided others. I couldn't argue that Dominic had a way with words. He could reassure a frantic person and soothe an angry crowd, his voice should come with a warning.

"About that Sir, we've had an extremely busy day and Elena is tired. She hasn't been feeling well for a few days-" I looked at him, but he had his eyes glued to the road, so I just rolled my eyes at him. "I'm taking her home now, but we could visit you tomorrow? Yes Sir... I promise Sir... Okay, nice speaking to you too Sir... Bye" And he ended the call with a grin.

"What have you done?!" I shouted, panicked.

He just turned to me and smiled. "I arranged for us to visit your father... I can't wait to meet my future father in law..." He said with a grin.

'NNNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!'

© Amy Sagar