Dreams of the Heart (A Dark Vampire Romance) ~ Chapter Ten

Hello folks =) So, I've been planning this chapter for a while and I hope you all like it... After the comments I recieved on the last chapter becasue of the choice of car for Dominic (thats right, the Aston!!!), I decided that it would feature in this chapter lol... You'll see what I mean... I love reading your comments, so please leave me some... Vote too if you like =) xxx

Chapter Ten

The drive from Willow and Mike's was quiet. It wasn't an uncomfortable silence. It was actually pleasant. I kept looking over at Dominic and everytime, it was like seeing him for the first time all over again. I couldn't get enough of his face. Of him. He was perfection personified.

His face was illuminated by the dim lights coming from the dashboard, making him look even more mysterious and alluring than before. His eyes were bright, sparkling gems. I wondered to myself why his eyes always went from cold, hard rocks, to captivating molten pools. Was it the lights doing it? Or was it just me?

Dominic looked at me and I swore I could see straight into his soul. I got lost in them and didn't hear what he was saying.

I blushed and shook my head, trying to clear my mind. "I'm sorry, what?" I asked.

"I asked are you well? Your quiet." He told me, his eyes darting from my face to the road.

"Oh... Um, yeah, I'm fine... Just enjoying the ride" I told him, relaxing back into the black leather seat. His mouth rose at the corners, the most beautiful smile I'd ever seen.

"I'm glad... So, you like the car?" He asked, chuckling.

I looked around the interior. I was amazing. The seats were black leather, with red stitching. The dashboard was like the seats, black with red trim. It was filled with gadgets like SAT-NAV, a phone, a small TV and a keyboard also. I guessed it had Wi-Fi. 'Wow! This was better than my flat!'

"It's amazing! I love it... Never thought I'd ever be in a car like this..." I admitted, gazing up at him. "Bet it cost a small fortune." I guessed smirking.

Dominic laughed at that. He looked over at me and his eyes were alight. "Yes, I guess you could say that..." He said.

"So, tell me to mind my own if you want to, but how are you so rich? I'm guessing with a car like this and those swanky clothes of yours, you'll have a huge, great big mansion!" I asked, blushing and lowering my head. I'd never asked something so bold. Especially of someone so intimidatingly handsome.

"I inherited a lot from my family... They were incredibly wealthy and over the years, after the deaths of my grandparents and parents, I've got a lot of money to spare." He said, glancing at me for a moment, his eyes searching my face.

"I'm sorry to hear that... I lost my mother... She had leukaemia and died about 6 years ago..." I said. I don't know why I told him that. I felt like I could tell him anything and that I could trust him with my inner most secrets.

Dominic reached over and took my hand in his, rubbing small circles on the back of my hand. "I'm sorry for you loss. It still effects you, doesn't it?" He asked.

I felt tears forming in my eyes, blurring my vision. I hadn't talked about my mother for years and I didn't really think I'd grieved. The memories rushing through my mind assaulted me and knocked the breath from me.

Us spending the weekends together, baking, shopping or just chatting. Then when she'd been diagnosed, she's lived her life at full throttle, enjoying every single day. We'd visited famous sites like The Great Wall of China, The Eiffel Tower and the Pyramids in Egypt. We'd gone to the West End and seen every show they had. She'd done and experienced everything she'd ever wanted to, and then she'd got really ill. She'd died at home in bed, with her whole family around her, just like she'd always wanted.

I didn't realise Dominic had stopped the car until he reached across me and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me across his body to sit in his lap. He hugged me to his chest and rested his chin on my head. Stroking my back, he murmured to me quietly, but I couldn't hear what he was saying.

I was shaking uncontrollably and sobs were escaping my mouth, leaving me gasping for air. I couldn't breath. Tears streamed down my face, staining Dominic's shirt. The memories kept coming, tearing my heart apart into tiny pieces, leaving me empty and hollow. The only thing I could hold onto was the knowledge I wasn't alone. That Dominic was with me.

I don't know how long we sat there. Me crying. Dominic reassuring me.

"Shh... Its okay Elena... I'm here... Just breathe...." He murmured whilst rocking me.

I tried to steady my breathing. I took deep breaths and thought about something else, trying to keep me mind off my memories of my mother. The tears dried up and my body relaxed. I just sat there and relaxed into Dominic's body, breathing in his smell. He filled my senses and my mind wrapped itself around him.

He continued to stroke my back and hold me to him.

"I'm so sorry..." I said, my voice was weak and gravely. I cleared my throat to speak again. "I didn't mean for that to happen... I'm so embarrassed..." I admitted.

"Please don't feel embarrassed. It's fine. Don't ever be ashamed to show me how you feel Elena." Dominic said, laying his cheek on my head, stroking my hair now.

We sat there for a few more minutes, just holding each other. I cleared my throat again and sat up, looking at Dominic. His eyes were hard, but they didn't seem lifeless. Quite the opposite. They showed sorrow and deep sadness. And something else. Warmth? Admiration?

He smiled a small smile at me. I returned it and sighed. He was amazing. He was handsome, charming and he didn't mind me snotting all over his fancy shirt. 'I think I'm in love' I thought. Dominic's face transformed suddenly. His eyes, like so many other times, melted. His smile faded, his lips parted slightly.

He reached his hand to my face and placed it softly on my cheek. His skin was soft and warm, so I leaned into it, marvelling in that simple touch. I closed my eyes and just enjoyed his hand on my face for a moment. I opened my eyes and smiled at him. I placed my hand on his check too. I had to. I needed to show him how grateful I was that he was here. I heard him take in a sharp breath and his eyes hooded. He groaned and placed his other hand on my cheek. I froze at the sheer determination on his face. My mind went blank. Nothing else mattered. There was no world outside this car, there was only me and Dominic.

"Elena..." He breathed. "I need to kiss you..." He said, his voice soft, a quiet whisper. I just sat there in complete shock. 'How could this God, this epitome of man, want to kiss me?' I was just me. Just Elena Howard. I was no-one.

"Can I kiss you Elena?" He asked, leaning closer to me, holding my face firmly, yet gently. I could taste him. His fragrance fanned my face as he spoke and I got lost. Our faces a hairs breadth apart.

I tried to think, but my brain was mush. It was useless to me. I knew that when I woke up from this heavenly dream and I found it all to be my mind giving me what I wanted, I was going to be sad, but I couldn't care that the moment.

I stared into the angels eyes. "Yes..." I breathed.

© Amy Sagar