Chapter 12: Seperate

Adam grabbed Gen and got her into the car. Ev took down another sicko with his knives. Jakob had bashed ones head in with the butt of the gun. Adam pulled his door closed and zoomed off down the road.
"Coward"! Ev yelled
Bob had gotten away from Eddy and ran for the car. Ev continued cutting down the sickos. Ted and Jim started running in the direction of the Y. Eddy saw them and then followed. Jakob got in the car with Bob.
"Come on Ev "! Yelled Jakob
Ev shook his head and continued slicing through sickos. Jakob shook his head then backed the car up.
"Wait" said Bob
"What"? Asked Jakob
"I'm staying " said Bob then he got out.
"Fine" said Jakob
Jakob backed the car out from his little spot and drove away. Bob ran over to Ev.
"Why did you stay"? Asked Ev
"Cause you're my friend " said Bob
Ev smiled then continued slicing through sickos. Bob grabbed one and threw it over the railing. It splattered all over the road underneath the bridge. Bob then grabbed another one and started bashing it's head against the railing. Jakob sped back to the Y and got out of the car. He walked inside to his room and threw the rifle on the floor. Jim and the others went to their old rooms.
"We should probably go" said Bob
"Fine" said Ev
The two started heading back to the Y. The two got back to the Y in about five minutes. Adam sped down the road and started to head for the military base nearby. He had stopped for a bit to patch up Gen but besides that he hadn't yet stopped. She was asleep right now. Adam sighed.
"Why did he do that"? Adam asked himself
He sighed again.
He saw a sicko lurching in the middle of the road. He moved past it and kept on driving. He looked over at Gen who was still sleeping, he smiled. He looked and hit the brakes before something bad happened. He saw a huge horde of sickos walking around the road. They all turned towards Adam and started to growl. Adam reversed the car and sped down the road. He drove for about a mile then pulled off to the side of the road. He would have to make a decision soon. Ev sat around the Y, the fight at the bridge had been exhausting. Bob felt the same but instead of laying around he jogged around the Y. Jakob had been laying in room for about two hours now. Jim was on lookout duty and the other two were in their rooms. Maddie had been doing something in her room but no one knew what it was. Ev sighed and threw another knife into the wall across from him. Bob ran by.
"Why are you running "? Asked Ev
"It's a cool down " said Bob
Ev nodded, confused still.
Jakob finally came out of his room.
"I'm sorry about what I did guys..." Jakob said " I didn't think it through..."
"It's fine" said Ev
Jakob sighed quietly
"Y'know we should probably be on the lookout for a new place to stay" said Jakob
Ev nodded slightly
"How about the air force base"? Asked Jakob
"Okay but take Bob and Ted with you " said Ev
"K"
Jakob left to start getting ready and tell the others. Ev watched him leave then turned and wandered off. Adam sat in the back of the car. He had gotten out and opened up the back and was eating lunch there. He sighed. Jakob grabbed his axe while Bob took a pistol along with Ted with the assault rifle. They packed up some supplies just in case. Ted sat by the front doors. Bob paced around the front doors. Jakob said his goodbyes and then came and met them.
"Let's go boys" said Jakob
Everyone got up got into the car. Ev watched from his room kinda envying them.