Chapter 9: The Unexpected

Ev walked the walkway going to the other side of the Y. It had been five days since Adam brought back those new people. They hadn't earned his trust yet. Jakob had also recovered during the five days. With the supplies that Adam brought back they had started building a wall. Ev sighed, today had been a super boring day. There had been an incident in the basement of the Y. While Bob and Adam were out Ev and Morgan went to clear out the basement. They were down there for an hour clearing out sickos. Ev had taken out about eleven of them and Morgan took out two. While she was trying to kill another one she missed and it took a bite out of her arm. She in pain as blood ran down her arm. Ev killed the sicko and saw the bite.
"Forgive me Morgan " said Ev before he stabbed her in the head to stop her from turning into a sicko. He had buried her out in the grassy area of the Y. Everyone paid their respects and then went back to work. Bob was starting to get ripped. He had been lifting weights for the past couple of days. It seemed to Ev that the others didn't like him as much anymore because of what he did. He sat up on the walkway for about three hours, bores and sad. He wasn't sad about her death since she was kinda of a jerk. He was sad about being even more disliked.
"Whatevs" He said to himself
"I'll probably die before I'm cared for in this group"
What happened next only furthered that thought. Adam came trudging down the hall.
"Ted, Jim, Eddy Gen, Bob pack up your things we're leaving "! Yelled Adam
Ev climbed over the railing and dropped down.
"What's going on "? Asked Ev
"This place isn't safe...because of you" said Adam
Ev frowned then got angry
"What"?! He yelled "I'm a danger"?!
"Yes"! Said Adam
"No you're the danger"! Yelled Ev "You shoot off guns, you do disgusting things with Gen, twice in five days and you endanger our lives all the time" said Ev
The others had come to the lobby where these two were fighting. Adam lost it and lunged at Ev. Ev moved out of the way and recharged him. Ev's fist smashed into Adam's ribs. Adam retaliated with a punch to Ev's face. Ev then kneed Adam in the side. Adam stumbled to the side. Ev grabbed him and threw him to the floor and pinned him to the floor. Adam tried to get up but couldn't. Ev pulled out a kitchen knife.
"Stop"! Yelled Gen
Ev looked at her
"Why should I"?
"Get off of him now"! Yelled Maddie
Ev frowned then slowly got off. He walked away down the hall. Adam got up from the ground, his heart still racing.
"Who's leaving with me"? Said Adam
"I will" said Ted
"Same" said Eddy
"Me too" said Jim
"Fine..." said Gen
"Bob"? Asked Adam
"No I'm staying...Ev was right about you being a coward" said Bob
Adam frowned then went to the car. After they grabbed their stuff they pulled out and drove off. Ev watched them go. Jakob said he'd be out in the back working on the wall. He carried a load of wood out to the wall. During the past five days he had made his fire axe into a battle axe by getting another fire axe and adding it's head to the other one. He got up on the ladder and started putting nails in. He heard something in the bushes and he froze. It sounded like it came from the nearby neighborhood. He turned and saw Maddie walking around back with mrs.Boom. It wasn't them that made the noise but he didn't hear it again so he continued working. Jakob didn't really like Adam, he was glad he left. He wasn't happy about them taking so many supplies. He decided on something and he knew where they went. The elementary school.