I Should Have Known Chapter 31

***Recap***

            I needed to get away from the hell hole I lived in. I needed to get away from the memories of my siblings death, away from a cheating ex boyfriend, away from my childhood home that no longer felt like a home.

            But the one thing I was leaving behind with all of it, was my heart.

***End of Recap***

***Cole's POV***

            I let her go, I really did. I just let her go. I didn't even put up a fight, hell I told her to go. I told her to leave.

            Maybe it was best to make her leave. Maybe she'll be happier now? She'll be away from the town where she spent ten miserable years of her life.

            But maybe they all weren't all that bad. Maybe she liked it here with me. Maybe she was happy for some of that time. No I know she was happy.

            I have to go after her. Even if I have to buy a ticket and fly all the way the London I will. Just as I started getting up the door to my room opened and my father walked in.

            Now don't get me wrong my father was one of the best people I knew but I didn't actually know him all that well. He had always been the quite dad that helped me with homework and football.

            "You know Cale I almost made the same mistake as you." he started off, "But I didn't get too mad at your man when she told me she wanted to go see the world before she settled down, did you know she went gallivanting around the world with her sister for two years before she finally came back and agreed to marry me."

            "But didn't she talk to you about it before she decided?" I pressed. Maybe I wouldn't have reacted like that If I had known.

            "Well actually she just up and decided to one day, and hell who was I to stop her from figuring everything out. Cale sometimes you just don't think boy. Yeah you've both grown up and lived here your whole lives but you didn't go through anything like she did.

            Son did you ever stop and think what kind of life she would have if that car accident had never happened. Cause she sure as hell did. Imagine knowing that if you hadn't gotten in the car once that you would have four more siblings. Think how you would feel growing with parents who didn't care about you at all.

            She felt that every damn day no matter how much she hid it from everybody. Every time she came home after school she would think about everything all over again.

            Everyday would be a reminder of everything she had lost. I don't know how she managed to live here this long and stay sane. Son she wanted to leave here to figure everything out. Figure out who she is without the reminder of four dead siblings and two worthless parents. She wants to try and figure out who she really is.

            That’s why you just have to love her and trust her. And Cale if you let this one go you sure as hell are the stupidest boy I've ever laid eyes on. Now what in the Sam hell are you still doing here! You've got a girl to catch." My dad finished up opening the door for me.

            "She must have left just a half hour ago. You'll be lucky to catch her before she hits security. But here just in case." My dad said throwing me a small black box.

            "Thanks dad." I said grabbing my keys and running out the door into my truck. I swear it was by God's graces that I avoided every cop because I drove twenty over the speed limit the whole way.

            When I got to the air port I put the small black velvet box in my pocket and ran as quickly as I could into the airport. Then a tall blonde, with gorgeous sea green eyes turned around and looked for somebody. She couldn't see who she was looking for and her lips turned down in a frown and she turned back around and started walking towards security. That girl was the love of my life.

Taylor

            "Goodbye Texas" I whispered to myself. Hopefully I would only come back here a few more time in my life. Texas was a big state but right now being in the same state as the boy I thought loved me was too close for me.

            I walked out of the hot and dry Texas heat into the cool air-conditioned airport. I checked my bags in and got my ticket.  I quickly looked over my should to see if anybody had come to say goodbye to me but nobody had. I guess that's what I wanted though, to leave all memories of my life here and become but a memory to all the people here that knew me.

            I turned back around and started walking towards security before I thought I heard someone call out my name. I thought maybe it was just my subconscious thinking it up rather than it actually happening but then I heard my name being called out again.

            I turned around and saw a frantic Cale running my way as fast as he could.  "Taylor wait please!" I heard him yell getting closer and closer to me.

            I felt him run strait into my wrapping me in his arms around me and his face was buried in my neck. My arms wrapped around him and clung to him tightly.

            "Forgive me, please forgive me you're the love of my life, always have been, always will be." He said pressing a opened mouth kiss on my neck before he let go of me and dropped down on one knee.

            "Taylor you're my everything, without life just isn't worth living. You're my always. I will always love you, always cherish you, always be you're best friend.       Will you forgive me and do me the honor and marry me so that I can love you for the rest of my life. Will you be my always?" He said pulling out a black bow with a diamond ring in it.

            "Yes, yes, yes, yes." I said kissing him as he stood up and wrapped his arms around me kissing me.

            "Always Taylor, I'll always love you, no matter what." Cale said in my ear holding me in his arms.

            "I should have known you were the one Cale, that you were always the one from the very beginning." I said kissing him again.

            "But that's just the thing Taylor. I always knew, I was just waiting for you to figure it out."

***Author's Note***

Well I can't believe that's it guys! That's the final chapter of my first ever book "I Should Have Known" so I know the beginning is pretty rough but this was the first time I'd really ever written. I didn't exactly plan for a lot of different things to happen but everything just kind of did. I'm sure some day I'll go back and rewrite this story but not for a while. Sometime in the next week I should be posting the Epilogue. Thank you all so much for your support and dedication to me and my book! I just wanted to let you know I love and appreciate you all so very very much!

-Chloe Grace