I Should Have Known Chapter 16

***Recap***

The next two months passed in a blur.

Anna was bitchier than ever. Dane still tried to get me back always bugging me.

Cale and I grew closer than ever living together. His family really accepted me as their own. I even called Ellie mom.

Bell and I were now officially best friends. On her birthday I had given her a charm bracelet with different charms. One had been a music note since I found out she played piano and loved it. One of a basketball and one of a volleyball. One of a the Nike Swish. The last one was a half a heart with best friend on it. I had the other half on my matching charm bracelet. I also got us lockets that clicked togetehr to form a heart.Whenever she say it she started to cry and hugged me saying forever and always.

We had just finished playing our state championship volleyball game and somehow we had won! Ever since Bell had come and had been our starting setter we had been doing so much better. Together we were unstopable! She was able to set me with normal sets, shorts, and quicks.

As soon as we had finished our game gotten our trophies and medals. Our patches for our letterman's jackets. We had both been named for All South! It was incredible. We rushed to the hotel and shower and got ready hoping we can make it to Cale's state championship football game.

Never in the history of our school had both the boys football team and girls volleyball team gone to the state championship games! The whole town was their to support us and hopefully they were going to the boys game.

"Run run run!" I yelled back at Bella as we ran into the hotel still in our uniforms and jackets that said state champions.

***End of Recap**

As I felt the hot water beat down on me I couldn't help but let a big smile spread across my face. I was a Senior and we had just won the state championship for volleyball. I had played all 5 matches never getting take out. I had blocked 12 spikes successfully. I didn't hit a single spike out of bounds, miss a serve, shank a pass, or had any carries.

I ran my hands through my hair spreading the shampoo over my scalp. As I started to wash out my familiar strawberry scented perfume my thoughts drifted to Cale.

What were we now? I know we would forever and always be best friends. But ever since I had dumped Dane every time I touched Cale I felt a spark flow through my body and I could feel this peaceful calm feeling rush through me.

People always said you would feel a spark every time you touch the person you're in love with, but how can I be in love with my bestfriend? I realized that between all my pondering I had managed to finish my shower.

I knew Bell would need in here so she could get ready and we could hopefully break the speed limit, not get caught or sent to jail, and make it in time for kickoff for Cale's game. I stepped out of the shower wrapping a towel around my body and grabbing my brush and make up bag.

Whenever I stepped out of the shower I saw Bell talking to someone at the door of our hotel room. Bell shut the door and had a package in her arms. Hmm what's going on here.

"Hey this came for you. I wonder who it is from?" Bell said turning around and giving the package to me.

As I opened the package I wondered the same thing. It's not like my parents showed up to the game like always. But they were never as thoughtful as before to send me something.

Ellie maybe? But no it couldn't be her she was at the game then rushed off to be there for Cales game. I don't know anyone else that would be so kind as to send me something after our big win.