I Should Have Known Chapter 24

***Recap***

            I woke up gasping for breath and my body was covered in a light sheen of sweat. I turned and looked just to make sure Cale was still lying in that bed breathing with tubes and wires sticking in his body. I had the same dream every night for the past week.

            That's right Cale had been in a coma for a week, for seven whole days he had just lied there none responsive to the world. The doctors had grown less and less hopeful by the day. Each second that he was asleep he drifted closer and closer to death. He drifted farther and farther away from me.

***End of Recap***

            "Taylor may I talk to you for a moment please." Ellie said stepping into the hospital room with a sad smile etched on her face.

            I let go of Cale's hand and stepped outside into the hospital hallway. "What's the matter Ellie?"

            "Well besides the fact that Cale's in a coma not much." she said with a humorless laugh. "They don't think he'll wake up Taylor." Ellie said clenching her jaw.

            "What do you mean it's only been a week. People are in coma's for months and they come out just fine." I said raising my voice.

            "You don't understand Taylor," Ellie started before I cut her off.

            "I don't understand what! That the only boy I have ever loved is in there in a coma. I don't understand that he could never wake up! That I could lose him at any seconds notice! I know that! I just try not to think about, because in there somewhere is MY Cole. The Cole that tackles me into the pool every time we swim. The Cole who holds my hand because he see's it lying there with nothing in it! The boy who told me he loves me. That is the Cale that is lying there. That is the Cale that is fighting to wake up."  I screamed the tears pouring out of my eyes.

            "Taylor he won't wake up. That's what the doctors say. There's no brain activity. They say that unless he wakes up by tomorrow morning there is no chance of him ever waking up." Ellie said turning and leaving.

            "He's Cole. He's my Cole, and he will wake up! I don't give a damn about what a doctor says! The doctor isn't God now is he!" I screamed at Ellie as she left the hospital.

            "I walked back into Cale's room and took his hand in mine. I gently kissed each knuckle and held his hand in my own again.

            "Come on Cale you have to, you just have to wake up. You can't just go around telling me you love me and giving me the kiss of my life and then dying. Your not allowed to." I said in a whisper to him.

            I felt Cole's hand gently move and squeeze my own before the heart monitor started to beep frantically and the spiking line went flat.

***Author's Note***

I'm going to go hide in a hole so you guys don't kill me. I'm not reveling anything about the next chapter so have fun with this one! Reread if you have to! I'm so sorry once again guys please don't murder me!

Taylor