I Should Have Known Chapter 2

***Cale's Point of View***

Wow today's football practice was intense but fun. I never thought I could have this much fun playing football but I do I just really love the sport. Now here I was with Dane, Matt, and Rick my best friends. We usually went over to my house after practice and hang out and swam. Sometime Taylor would join us if we were lucky. Taylor was the only girl that was in our group and she was my best friend.

We had known each other since we were 4 and she moved in next door. As little kids i can always remember playing with her and swimming in the back yard with her, hell I even remember when our families would go on spring break vacations together before we got into sports and couldn't leave any more. It was awesome always living next door to each other growing up. We had sleepovers when we were younger, then once we go into middle school we started to play basketball, volleyball, and football with each other.

"Hey I'll be right back guys" Dane said as he walk behind the bleachers looking guilty" What the hell was that about? Anyways back to Taylor I guess in the back of my head I always thought eventually I would screw up somehow and lose her before high school. Hell I've screwed up so many times like in 6th grade when I told her crush that she liked him and in 7th when I told her off in front of my friends to try and seem cool hell I'd messed up more time than I could count yet she never abandoned me. She was my best friend and boy did I love her.

Speak of the devil there she was walking across the parking lot towards us looking amazing. Sometime I just wanted to throw a blanket over her head so now one could ever see her. She 5' 10'' amazingly tall and has that amazing long blonde hair that is down to her butt. She is like me super fit from all the sports we play so her long legs are toned to perfection. I can tell she's a little bit sunburned from our weekend at the lake because her legs are just a little pinker than normal. That's the thing she always hated about herself her skin never tanned. She always had the white porcelain skin but she always wished she could tan like I could. Hell she was jealous that most of the girls in our small town could tan like crazy yet she couldn't. When in relality I think they were way more jealous on her.

"Lets get her" Matt said and then he started to run towards her just as Rick, Carson  and I took off wrapping her in a big sweaty hug. But right after she let go I could help but throw her over my shoulder and run around like a maniac just to make her laugh.

Then Taylor talked about she and Dane having a mini date and going to get coffee Blah Blah Blah I couldn't help but let the anger come out in my voice when I told her Dane was behind the bleachers.

Dane and I had been best friends all through middle school until our Sophomore year I was dating Emily and he wanted her because he wanted to show me he could have anything I had. So in the end I caught Emily cheating on me with Dane. No I couldn't just find them kissing at a party or something I found them in the backseat of Dane's truck, and I never looked back.

I spent the rest of the year single just having fun. I went to dances with Taylor and we hung out, but I really threw myself into my training for sports. I grew another 6 inches and became a football and basketball star. As a junior I already had scholarship offers which was good since I was never as smart as Taylor.

I have always thanked Dane  for taking Emily away from me because it made me who I am today. It hurt like hell but in the end I am who I am because of it. I probably wouldn’t be near as good as sports as I am now without that backstabbing manwhore.

I just wish I could protect Taylor. After the whole Emily incident Dane has been known as the school’s bad boy and player. I know Taylor thinks that he has changed but I just don't think he has. I guess all I can do is be there for her when he decides to go back to being the school’s player.

***Author’s Note***

Hi everyone here is chapter 2! Super Excited about this story I cant wait to get deeper and deeper into the plot! Please comment and vote and if anyone wants to make me a cover I would be super happy and dedicate a chapter to you! Also the picture to the right is a picture of Cale.