I Should Have Known Chapter 19

“Taylor, Taylor wait up!” I heard Cale yell at me. I just started running. After all running is what I do best right.

        Maybe this was all a mistake. Maybe I shouldn’t have come and kissed Cale. I mean what if he eventually gets tired of me and just leaves me. That would ruin our friendship and after everything I have been through I don’t think I could handle it.

        I turned and looked behind me. All I saw was normal people walking around on the streets. No Cale. I had lost him.

        My mind started to assault me with all the memories I have had with Cale over the years.

        I remember when I moved here. Me and my then perfect family. I got out of the car. I had cried the whole way here. I was holding on tightly to my mothers hand. I saw these people across the street walking over to us. Right behind them walking just a little bit slower was a brown haired blue eyed little boy.

        We spent the rest of that summer together. Going to the lake with our families, picnics, me forcing him to play barbies. Making him wear a feather boa at my tea parties.

        Then kindergarten started. People just seemed to naturally flock to him. As soon as I saw the crowd around him I thought, okay well I guess I’m not special anymore.

        Then he looked up and called me over and held my hand and introduced me to all his little friends as his best friend.

        I remember Tommy Larson had proclaimed loudly that girls have cooties and Cale should stay away from me cause I was a girl.

        Cale simply said “Not my Taylor, she doesn’t have cooties cause I keep her safe from them.” I smiled at the thought of him already standing up for me, protecting me from the invisible cooties.

        Then my mind drifted to middle school. Cale having naturally perfectly straight white teeth didn’t need braces. I on the other hand had too big too crowded teeth and had to have braces for two years.

Whenever Cale found out I had to get braces he said he did too. His parents even paid for him to have braces stuck on his teeth even though he didn’t need them. All because he wanted to make me feel better about them.

I  had always hated to play basketball with the girls because quit frankly they sucked compared to me. I had zero competition.

I would always walk up shyly to the boys hoping that they would get the hint and invite me to play with them. I was always too shy just to ask them myself.

Cale always seemed to see me and would always ask me if I wanted to play. I remember a few of the guys always complained that I was a girl and therefore wasn’t as good as them. I always worked hard though and proved I was a helluva’ lot better than them.

In 8th grade I started to like Cale as more than a friend. I remember I was walking down the hall a few weeks before formal. Formal was like the middle school version of prom.

Anyways I was walking down the hall and Dane was walking down the hall towards me. Everyone knew he was going to ask me to formal. I didn’t know what I was going to tell him. I liked Cale but if he wasn’t going to go with me I had to go with someone.

Just the Cale came running down the hall and he yelled out “Taylor WAIT!” I turned around to see him running towards me with peonies. “Will you go to formal with me?” Cale said as he got down on one knee.

“Of course.” I said. I couldn’t help but let a huge smile cover my face. He gave me the flowers then hugged me and walked me to class. It was the first time I had relized I was falling for my best friend.

I danced the night of formal away with Cale. I wore a long poof light blue dress.  I felt like cinderella in it. That night Cale and I won Formal King and Queen.

Fast forward to our first day of high school. I walked up to this new and huge school. Older students were streaming in smiling and laughing. Calling out friends names. Embracing and talking.

And there I was. Just a small blonde girl standing alone in the sea of things. I could feel the butterflies dancing in my stomach.

I felt someone's presence beside me. I turned and looked and saw Cale. There he was standing looking like a Hollister model.

“You scared?” he asked flashing his signature smile.

“Of course not.” I said while biting my lip.

“You know you’re an awful liar.” he said rolling his eyes.

“Yep.” I said popping the p.

Cale slid his hand in mine and lead my through the doors of the place I would eventually feel at home in.

Then my memories took me to just the other day. The day that everything so normal and so easy.

***Flashback***

Dang I love my friends they can always put an even bigger smile on my face. Once they saw me though I was dead. They all started to race towards me as I scream and ran the opposite direction but they eventually caught up which earned me a great big group hug from 4 sweaty football players.

“EWW GUYS REALLY!” I screamed.

“You think that's bad little miss priss? Then lets see how you like this!” Cale said as his picked me up slinging me over his shoulder and running around the football field with me.

Matt yelled out “YEAH TWATER” (T-WAY-TOR Matt’s nickname for Taylor)  And Rick just laughed as he pantsed Matt and took off running before Matt could pull up his pants over his boxers and take off after him.

“Cale put me down!”

“NOT HAPPENING TAY!” he yelled as he started to spin in circles.

“Wanna Bet?” I taunted.

“Hell yeah!” he said confidently.

Right then I grabbed his boxes which were showing over the top of his basketball shorts and pulled up as hard as I could.

        “SHIT!” Cale yelled as he set me down “Damn girl you got me good!” he said as he pulled me into a proper hug slinging his arm around my shoulder afterwards. “Whatcha doin down in this neck of the woods Tay?”

“Well I was actually looking for Dane we are suppose to go get Coffee tonight and go out on a mini date.”

O was all Cale said as he pointed to Dane’s truck that was parked behind the bleachers.

***End of Flashback***

After I looked behind those bleachers my life changed forever. I’m still not sure if it was for the better or worse, but there is no going back. What’s done is done. The past is just that, the past.

***Author's Note***

Hello lovelies! Sorry the update took almost a month! The storyis close to the 8000 views needed so I decided I would just go ahead and post this chapter. So here it is. I know I know not the best but it sets the scene for the next chapter. I promise in the next chapter more about Taylor's past and the "Accident" will be revealed. I also promise there will be a LOT of drama. I love you all so much! Thanks for sticking by me and supporting me through this whole story. I am out of school for summer vacation so I should update more regularly! Love you all and please don't be silent readers.