14. The 6th Progenitor

The 6th Progenitor
__________
[Shio/Rei's POV]

"Hey..." Yuu said putting his hand on my shoulder.

I turned around and force a smile, "what is it?" For once, I was the one following the squad, Mitsuba was leading. I was in the back with Yuu.

"I just wanted to ask something."

I sucked in my breath, and tried to maintain my composure. "W-what is it?"

Well that makes me seem so composed.

"I wanted to ask you about... Your past."

I left out a sigh of relief. "Well... For starters, it wasn't a very pleasant one."

Yuu raised his eyebrow, "why not?"

I laughed, "my parents... Died when I was very young."

Yuu lowered his gaze, "I... I'm sorry."

"No... Don't be. You helped me you know?" I mumbled as Yuu tilted his head confused.

"Whaddya say?"

I shook my head, "nothing!" I walked faster as he frowned and grabbed my arm.

"So? What about the rest?"

I raised my eyebrows, "well... The rest you know. I was captured by vampires, and lived in a vampire city for a while, and escaped when I was 11."

I didn't tell him anything that would give away my identity... But anyone could tell he was starting to get a little suspicious.

"Who are-"Yuu began as Mitsuba yelled for us to prepare ourselves.

"We're going straight into a battle. Prepare yourselves rookies! Or this could be the end of your life!" She turned around with her hands on her hips as I smiled sadly.

It reminded me of when we saved the girl from Harajuku...

And... This war, this battle.

It might be the end of the line for me. War. Would definitely blow my cover. Not to mention Crowely and Ferid are out there...

"Let's do our best, team." I said smiling genuinely, as they nodded.

__________

We headed straight for the front lines to support Guren who was fighting up ahead.

"Stay in formation!" Mitsuba yelled as we were getting near.

Suddenly I felt as everything froze.

Guren was impaled by a vampire... But not just any vampire.

Suddenly Yuu charged at the vampire and I quickly screamed, "Yuu, don't!"

But it was too late. I felt numb, and fell to my knees.

Why was Mika here?

__________

"Yuu-chan..." Mika said as he realized who had stabbed him.

Yuu's expression went from hatred to confused, and then disbelief.

"What are you doing idiot?!"Guren shouted, who was injured badly.

"He's- he's...!" Yuu struggled to talk as Guren swung his sword at Mika, who quickly moved out of the way, but in the process pulling Yuu's sword out of him.

But Yuu didn't activate the curse. More like he couldn't.

"Mika..." I whispered as I looked at his appearance. His eyes weren't red... They were still blue, but he was definitely a vampire.