11. Still My Brother

Still My Brother
[Profanity Included]
__________
[Ryohei's POV]

That pesky progenitor has been hanging around Shio lately...

"Hey! What are you doing?" A vampire called out as one of the teenaged girls began to run off.

"Your just wasting your energy. There's no way you can out run us." I declared, moving from my hiding spot.

I faced the girl who was frozen with fear. I gestures for her to sit back down but she got down to the flood and began to beg.

"P-please spare m-me!" She said on her knees as the other vampires behind me began to laugh.

"Raise your head." I said quietly.

She looked up, her hopes high.

"If we let you go, we'd have to let everyone go. Because there are people in this world who complain about how unfair everything is."

Like Shio. Just because she was born a way that being a vampire was very unnoticeable... She has to go on an insane mission... That damn Krul-.

"Hey! Just suck her dry already!" A vampire called out to me.

I grabbed her throat. "Do something like this again and you will be dead."

I released her and walked away. She dropped to the ground and gasped for air. The vampires were unimpressed and disappointed.

"What did you expect from him anyways?" A voice spoke out loud and clear.

"L-Lord Ira!" The vampires got down to their knees and bowed, except for me.

I turned around to face the voice progenitor and bowed slightly, but returned on my way.

"Hey. Don't you care about her?" Ira smirked as I grabbed his collar.

"If you fucking touch her-"

Ira waved his hands calming me down. "Rest assure! I have no interest in that whatsoever. But I came here to ask you something."

I let his collar go as he huffed and fixed his now wrinkled human uniform.

"The other 6th progenitor's identities are completely unknown to us vampires. And just recently we found out about Reikiko's death and daughter. They're mysterious and even their names are unknown to everyone except Krul. But not even she knows where they are." Ira said quietly while walking out of the subway, where the vampires were hiding.

"And?" I said uninterested. Who cares if there were other vampires the same rank as Shio?

"Well. Other ranks have been known to hate the 6th progenitors, because of their extremely friendly and carefree manner. There's also a good chance some of them may even be helping the humans. Some of them may even be weapons." Ira said gesturing to his weapon.

"So? What's your point. Spit it out."

Ira smiled, "I just want you to protect our 6th progenitor before everything goes bad."

And with that Ira disappeared and I clicked my tongue.

He didn't have to tell me that. I would've done it anyway.

Suddenly I dropped to my knees and clutched my uniform in front of my chest.

I haven't had blood in a long time...

I gasped as I made my way back into the subway. Restrain yourself...

__________
[Shio's POV]

"Alright, so thanks to our little spy, we found out where the vampires are. But we don't know the dangers and how many vampires there are." I said announced when we were a few blocks away from the subway.

"You all will stay outside, ready to ambush the vampires if something happens. I'll go in first to survey the area. Once I come back out, we'll all go in together." I explained as their faces grew grave.

"Hey... Isn't that dangerous?" Yoichi said worried.

I smirked, full of confidence, "don't worry I'll be fine."

Yuu's gaze met my eyes, and I read the uncertainty in them.

"Well with that, let's put this plan into action. Hide somewhere until I come out."

They turned their backs, unwillingly and went into hiding.

Formation was ruined like this, but it seems Mitsuba and Shinoa had no complaints.

And with that, I walked into the subway, my hood up.

__________

I was about to walk into the area where the humans were being imprisoned when someone tugged my arm.

"Put this on idiot. They'll catch you." Ira shoved a vampires cape into my hands as I looked at him shocked.

"Don't thank me, get going." He turned away and walked away.

I smiled and quickly put the cape on.

Though the rest of my outfit didn't change, the cape helped my disguise much better.

I didn't need to hide from the vampires, I needed to hide from the humans.

__________

"Ryohei." I called out as I made it past the humans and into the lower part of the subway.

A figure appeared and approached me, bowing. "You called?"

"When we're alone you can drop the act." I said quietly as he raised his gaze. His eyes were full of regret and pity.

"I'm sorry I couldn't prevent this. I'm sorry this isn't a dream..." He said quietly, wrapping his arms around me.

He still feels sorry about this spy mission. He still feels sorry that he lied to me. But in the end, he's still my brother.

I just smiled sadly, "..."

"So...? What's your plan?" He said as he let go.

"I'm... Going to turn away from Krul." I announced as a grave expression washed over Ryohei's face.

"You well understand the consequences of going against the queen?" Ryohei spoke quietly as I nodded.

"I just hope this was your own decision. Because you'll be blamed for it in the end." Ryohei sighed as he turned around.

"Ryohei?" I asked confused.

"Get... Away from me. I haven't had any blood for a while..." He said quietly clutching his chest.

"Here-" I began to unsheathe my sword as he grabbed my wrist, "don't make me hate myself."

And with that he disappeared.

I pushed my sword back into its sheathe. I knew what it felt. Even know the thirst is consuming me.

And ...I should get it taken care of before I can't control it any longer.

__________
I hope you all enjoyed this chapter!
Thx for reading!!!
Luv
-Shio
[1014 words]