Port Aktya

I took the time while we were waiting for Nina, Carlos, Vasil and Riley to get some sleep and eat, as I'd had very little of both since we captured Deimos and learned about X-03 and 04. Black River made two attempts over the course of the day to retake the Camp where we were hiding out at as well as the Artillery guns, which Calen and the others eventually gave up and destroyed, oh well, they were nice while they lasted. It was about 8:00PM, shortly after the sun had set, that the air began to gurgle and vibrate and the smell of diesel fuel set in over the camp.

"Hey Ace", Mercury said patting my shoulder, stirring me from a rather light sleep, "smell that?"

I sniffed the air, "yeah, smells like Diesel. I can feel the air vibrating too."

"Nina and the others are closing in", he said, 'grab your gear and let's move out."

I grabbed the suppressed M4 I'd taken from the mule earlier today and followed Mercury outside, where I found the others gathered around the mule having a quick snack. In the distance, I could see the 260's headlights poke through the cloud, it was rather quiet until it got close, at which time we began to hear the massive diesel prop engines. The giant plane flew right over us without even slowing down, dropping a large plastic crate out the back along with two dragons and two humans. Nina, Riley and the Box hit the ground at almost the same time, while Carlos and Vasil touched down shortly afterwords.

"You scared the shit outta me Nina", I said pulling her into a hug, "are you sure your feeling okay?"

"Yes Ace", Nina said, "you don't have to worry about me."

"Yes I do", I said, "don't argue with me."

"I brought you a gift", Nina said unzipping the duffle bag, handing me what I could only describe as the Nano rifle from Red Faction.

I laughed, "hell. Fucking. Yes."

"So what's the mission my American friend?", Vasil asked.

"Were headed to a Black River port, the mission is purely recon, find out where these crates were going and where the bombs were headed. Don't kill anyone if you can help it", I said, "pile on the jeeps, let's get rolling."

We piled into the jeeps in mostly the same way that we had when we'd shown up, spreading out the four extra squad mates evenly, or as evenly as we could, over the three jeeps. I found out upon getting close to the camp that someone else was already in the AO. On the outskirts of the town, hidden behind a hill with a sand colored tarp over it was another Jeep, newer Wrangler model, lifted, Manual transmission, full time All Wheel Drive and Cummins Inline four upfront. It was a six seater and didn't have mounted guns, but in the back were two neatly packed duffle bags with American flags on them full of ammunition and supplies. The magazines were about 98% STANG magazines, but there were also several magazines for the Frenchi FAD and ammo boxes for what I guessed must be an M249 SAW.

"We've got another team in the AO", I said as I looked through the jeep.

"Who could it be though", Nina asked, "Delta Force?"

"Let's see what Alex knows", I said getting on the radio, "Alex, you there?"

"Here Ace", Alex said, "what's up?"

"There's another Spec Ops team in the area", I said, "Possibly Delta Force."

"What would Delta Force be doing in that area?", Alex asked.

"I don't know", I said, "what should we do?"

"Proceed with mission as planed", Alex said, "I'll call the crew of the 260 and tell them to circle around and support you."