Interrogation

I called ahead to Area 29 and let everyone know what the situation was. Nick didn't seem like a typical grunt from the way his uniform looked, so I suspected he was a higher ranking person and because of this, he knew something. I was fuming the entire way back to Area 29. Nick was unconscious in the covered bed of the pick up, as there was no room for him in the cabin. When we did make it back to 29, it had started raining again, making the Ford sink into the sand. I drove into the hangar and pulled to a stop, put the truck in park and got out, leaving the engine running as I walked back to the bed. I unlocked the tailgate and pulled the bed cover open, finding Nick had woken up and was trying to work through the restraints.

"Oh hell no", I said yanking him from the bed and letting him fall to the concrete ground, "I will shut that bullshit down so fast your head will spin."

"You sound like that dude from the last season of the walking dead", Nick said sitting up, "guy's whose all up in Rick's grill with that new world order bullshit."

With a growl, the steel toe of my boot found the side of his face. He collapsed back to the ground as I grabbed him by the front of his vest, lifting all of what must have been his 350 pounds a full foot off the ground, one handed.

"I'm ten times worse", I snarled, "come on, you and I are gonna have a little talk."

I dragged Nick across the hangar and to the room where the mechanics kept all their tools, it would be the perfect place to get my former friend to spill his guts, figuratively and literally if I had to. Once we were inside, I took his flack jacket along with a concealed Glock handgun.

"Smart move back there at the crash", I said handing his weapon to Riley, "use the other guys weapon so if you get disarmed, you still have a backup. Wouldn't have done you any good against three of us anyhow. The only one you would have killed would have been Taro."

Nick looked up at me, "Taro's here?"

I nodded and leaned in close to the chair I had him chained, duct taped and zip tied to, "yeah, and he's the only reason I haven't snapped your neck yet."

Nick had a flash of wonder, then reverted back to the stone cold killer I thought was always his fictional character, "what do you mean my Glock wouldn't have hurt three of you?"

"Oh right", I grinned, "I still have the cloaker on."

I pulled out my Window's Phone and used it to turn my device off, revealing my true form, Riley and Nina did so as well, leaving Nick looking terrified.

"Hunter", I said pulling up another metal chair, "you are neck deep up shit creek with your mouth wide open. You used to be my friend, so for now, I'll cut you some slack, unless you make things difficult."

"What happens then snow cone?", Nick asked looking me in the eyes.

"I've dreamed up lots of very, very good ways to hurt people", I grinned, "if you give me one ounce of shit, I will test them all, every single one of them, out on you, then I will snap your neck."

"No you won't", Nick said, "your not that kind of person mate."

"Your right", I smiled, "I'm not that kind of person, but I'm not a person am I?"

"I walked into that one", Nick sighed.

"You've got ten minutes to get your story straight", I said, "think long and hard about what you'll say, otherwise your gonna have a very hard time walking with no soles on your feet."

"I won't even need that", Nick grinned.

"The bad guys talk to much before they get around to pulling the trigger", Nick said.