Pity Party

Jacob Perez

For a Monday that day went past pretty quickly. The bells had just rung, releasing us from school. I was supposed to meet the boys in the student parking lot. I haven't talked to either of them since the night I went over to Dominic's house.

I still wasn't  too happy with him but I owed it to Marcus. It wasn't like I had something against him.
I waited by my car for him. After a minute or so, I saw Marcus heading over. I didn't see Dominic but I couldn't careless, to be honest.

"Ayo, stranger." He gave me dap. "Nah, don't do me like that man." He shook his head. "I'm just saying man, you ain't been around for a hot second."  Even though it's only been a week, that was a long ass time for us. "Man, my bad.. but what's up though?" I asked and he sighed. "So..uh.." I watched him fiddle with his fingers.
"You know.. I started back talking to Lexi. I'm just coming to you as the brother I'm supposed to be to you. Please don't fuck us up.. again. I don't want no problems with you man, but-"
I let it a chuckle, not meant for him to hear. This seemed like déjà vu to me. "You don't have to worry about having a problem with me. That's all you." He looked at me as if he thought I was joking. "I'm serious Jay. You know how I feel about her. You knew how I felt about her. I just hope you take it into consideration. You know, if you care." He raised his eyebrow at me and walked away.

I shook it off. If that was the important news he needed to tell me then..

I texted Zoey to see if she wanted to do something after school but she told me she had practice. I asked if she wanted me to pick her up afterwards and she said "nope".
Instead of worrying about everyone else and their attitudes, I went on home, hoping I'd at least think about doing my home work.

__

I was sitting at the table eating some chicken and rice that my mom made before she headed off to work. I was actually doing my American history homework. It was easy as hell and I was actually into it.
I was almost done when someone knocked on the door, probably Zoey. She'd be the only person who'd come by at this time. It was almost ten.  I walked over to the door preparing to opened to door.
There stood Lexington Cross.

"Jacob, we need to talk." she said after rolling her eyes. I chuckled. Today was all just too funny to me. "Marcus already talked to me Lexi, I got it." I put my hands up in surrender. She crossed her hand and looked at me dumbfounded. "Jacob seriously." I gritted my teeth before finally allowing her to walk in.

"Look Jay I'll keep your little secret a secret, but you gotta tell Marcus what really happened." she snapped. I shook my head. "You already told him right? If he doesn't believe you, that should tell you something." She sighed. "Its not that he didn't believe. He just trusts you not to lie outta' your ass. So you need to tell him the truth!" she started getting loud. "Look, I talked to Marcus earlier today.. he basically told me to stay out of y'all business, so I'm not-"
"You know, Naomi wouldn't care if everyone knew about you two. She'd be just as happy as I used to be. She'd love to have you to herself. Cause you know, if everyone knew what happened between you guys, no one would want you Jacob." she said nonchalantly.

"No one will know about what happened. Why bring up something that happened sophmore year?"

"Oh ho ho, doing play that card with me. I'm not a promise breaker like your stupid ass, so I won't say anything to anyone about you and her but I promise you.. if you don't talk to Marcus about what really happened, I'll hit close to home. like you did. You're one sick individual." She looked me up and down before leaving.

She said close to home like she knew me like that. I'm not the type to go around telling my business, so she had nothing on me.. except for what happened with Naomi and that's because she had a big mouth. I guess the night I told her I was done with her was the night she decided to vent to Lexi and she told her everything that had happen between us.
I just felt that Lexi would've told everybody and I knew I needed something on her... so I got it.
But that was all before I starting messing with Z, and I never told her what happened. I know for a fact that she doesn't like Naomi and if she found out by her she'd kill me... hell, if she found out period she'd kill me.
I can't risk that so she's just gonna have to hit wherever she thinks close to home is.

I heard my phone ringing from the table where I left it. I didn't even check to see who it was before I picked it up.
"Hello?"
"Yeah man, its Dominic. We need to talk."

I let out a lot sigh. I wondered what today was because everybody wanted to point out their wrongs with me. It was a Monday and I was just trying to get a little home work done.

"Uh, about?" There was a pause. "Look, I know I wasn't  the only one who noticed tension between us, all of us. What you and Marcus got going on ain't none of my business, but whatever this is.. between me and you– I don't even know what it's about. I'll tell you what man how about–"  I heard some commotion on his end.  It sounded like he was talking to someone else. Someone laughed and it was all too familiar.

It sounded just like Zoey.

So much ran through my mind in that couple of seconds. She told me she had practice but after really thinking about it, she never had practice on Mondays.. Then, for Dominic to not have come with Marcus when we were in the student parking lot...
It all added up to me and him returning back to our conversation made me very vexed.
" How about I come over in a hour or so and we talk out whatever issues we have?"
"Now would be perfect actually." I answered.
"I'm doing something right now.. I'll  be over in thirty." I didn't replied. I heard the phone click. I was beyond mad right now.  I've already told him to stay away from her. She had the audacity to be with a friend of mine? No telling what she was doing.

I've been nothing but loyal to this girl and she did me like that? I could've easily went back to my old ways, but I didn't want to hurt her because I cared about she felt. I thought she felt the same way.

I sat to myself thinking.

Why was I even mad? She wasn't my girl. She was never my girl. She was just a girl I fucked. She was always just a girl I fucked. I just got too attached, way too attached but you know what.. my old way have been calling my name. Now that I knew where I stood, I'd remain in my place of nothing more to her,

than a fuck buddy.