The Need to Know

Lexington Cross

Everything was almost like it used to be. Marcus and I were back good. I missed him. It just felt good to have him back.

We were sitting on the couch watching a movie. He had his arm wrapped around me and I was resting my head on his shoulder.

Times like this always made me have flashbacks to when we used to be inseparable. I'm not sure we'll ever get back to how we used to be, thanks to a certain someone.

Since we didn't attended the same school anymore, I only got to see him on the weekends. I wish we could go to the same school again, but I had to transfer due to all the drama that was going on there.  Not that it wasn't bearable, it was just too much. It was extra stress that I didn't need.

I hated thinking about everything that happened at school. It was just full of unnecessary drama that you were bound to get caught into.

"I'll be right back." Marcus whispered in my ear before planting a kiss on my forehead. I scooted over, giving him space to get up.

Once he got up, I did the same, except I went to the kitchen. I grabbed a water bottle out the fridge and a bag of chips from under the cabinet.

I heard Marcus's talking as if he was on the phone with someone.
"Lexi?" he called out my name.
"I'm in the kitchen." I responded.

Once I heard his footsteps behind me, I turned around with a smile to notice a change in his demeanor.

"What's wrong?" I asked, clueless.

"So I got a call from Naomi. She asked-"

I rolled my eyes. I already knew what this was getting into. It never failed.

"Marcus, I'm not doing this with you. We're good. You're trying to get into it over a phone call knowing I don't even associate myself with any of them anymore."

"Let me finish saying what I need to say instead of cutting me off. She called asking for your number. I asked why and she said that it was a you and her thing. I'm not saying you still talk to her, but what's this thing she's talking about?" He raised his eyebrows.

"What part of I don't associate with her don't you understand? Marcus, I don't know and don't care to know. Why do you like making this difficult for me?"
I walked out the kitchen.

"Difficult for you?" I overheard him say in the kitchen. "I'm the one who looks dumb because I'm still in love with the girl who cheated on me."

Me, being so used to him "calling me out", didn't even get fazed by him calling me a liar. I was used to it.

I took a sip of my water. "I'm the one that looks stupid because I'm with someone who claims to love me, but doesn't believe me for shit."

He sighed. "Watch you mouth, my mom is in the other room."

I shook my head. "I'm leaving."

I walked on to the door. I was so tired of our situation yet, I loved him so much that I couldn't let him go. It was draining.

"Lexington wait," He grabbed my hand. "It's not that I don't believe what you say, it's just that-"

"You've known Jacob too long for him to lie about getting with your girl. Well, you've known me too long to think that I'd cheat on you with one of your best friends at that." I snatched my hand away and walked out the door.