18. beside you

After that day, Louis and Harry were almost inseparable. Harry was more comfortable around Louis and he didn't stutter or wonder what to say before saying it. He grew more confident, mostly because he felt very comfortable with him. Louis went to visit his parent's on Christmas day along with Niall, and Harry skyped with his family. Louis was overjoyed at Harry's gift. Harry got him tickets to a football match between Barcelona and Real Madrid. Louis has screeched upon seeing the tickets and that made Harry smile from ear to ear. Louis gave Harry a book on home improvement which Harry swears he loves. That book is now proudly displayed in Harry's apartment. Harry also got Louis a travel package which could be used in the whole year and Louis slapped Harry's chest with the travel brochure, before climbing on his lap and kissing him passionately for a long long time.
As New Years was approaching, this year Louis decided to skip all the parties he had been invited to and ended up in Harry's apartment watching old photo albums of Harry's childhood and clicking several pictures. It was getting late when Louis decided he would cook dinner. From scratch. Harry was observing him with adoration the whole time he made dinner. On eating it, Harry swore he never had chicken stuffed with mozzarella wrapped in parma ham with a side of homemade mashed potatoes, taste this well before. Louis knew Harry was exaggerating, but he still was smiling widely, his eyes shining. As the clock struck twelve, Harry kissed Louis , and with that he promised that he would always kiss him as the clock struck twelve , on every night.