Chapter 24

(Liz Beth's POV)
••• (One month later)

"Jonathan! There is an emergency!" I yell downstairs. I throw the pregnancy test in the trash and run downstairs.

"Jonathan.... emergency....big..." I say between breaths.

Jonathan grabs my shoulders. "Love, calm down. What's wrong?"

I hold up my hand, signaling for him to give me a second. I try to catch my breath.

"I...umm..."

Why can't I just tell him I'm pregnant?

I look Jonathan in the eyes and see a hint of worry flash across his face.

"I..umm..missed my period last week, so I went to get an...umm.. pregnancy test..." I look at him again. He nods. I continue. "I...umm...took it today...and...umm..."

"What is this!?!" Andrew screams downstairs. He is in front of me in a flash. He holds the pregnancy test.

"What is this!?!" Andrew yells in my face, venom in every word. "When were you going to tell me you were pregnant?!?"

"Wait, what?" Jonathan looks confused.

"Oh... You haven't told him yet?" He laughs. "Well, brother, you're perfect angel over here," he points to me," is pregnant." He hands Jonathan the pregnancy test. I glare at him.

"Lizzy, was this what you were going to tell me?" He looks at me.
I nod my head. "I...umm... Didn't know how to...I was about to... Then this one came storming in." I point to Andrew.

"Oh, Lizzy!" He hugs me and kisses my cheek. I turn red. "This is so perfect!"

"Umm...it is?" I'm shocked by his reaction.

He smiles and grabs his phone.

"Who are you calling?" I ask, worried and still in shock.

"Mother and father."

He clicks the phone to speaker.

*Hey, mother, I've got some news! Is father with you?*

*No, no he is not, Jon-Jon. Does he need to be?*

*Yes, mother. This is news for the two of you.*

*George! Jon-Jon is on the phone! He's got news for the two of us!*

*Hello, Jonathan.*

*Hello, father.*

*What is the big news that your mother is hollering about?*

*Actually, father, I think that my fiancée, Liz Beth, should tell you.*

*Then put her on, Jonathan.*

*Hello, sir*

*Why, hello, Liz Beth. I've heard there is some big news you need to tell us of.*

*Yes...well not really big news... I think Jonathan is overreacting a bit*

Jonathan laughs and plants a kiss on my cheek.

*Ok, well, what is it?*

*I'm pregnant, sir.*

For a while, there is no reply.

*Father?*

Knock, knock.

I open the door.

"Oh, honey, congratulations!" His mother wraps me in a tight hug.

"Hello, Janice." I smile and hug her back.

"George, come on!"

"Hello, sir." I shake his hand.

"Congratulations, Liz Beth."

I smile and Jonathan walks up behind me.
•••(6 months later)
"It's going to be a surprise." I state.

"But I want to know if it's a beautiful girl like you..." Jonathan argues.

"Surprise. Baby, look. If it's a surprise, it may be a handsome, amazing boy like you..."

"Or an incredibly beautiful girl like you. I know baby, but what if we buy more stuff for boys than girls and it ends up being a girl? Then what?"

I roll my eyes. The baby kicks and I stumble into Jonathan.

"Ok. I'm sorry. We can go find out. Just lets not fight on something this stupid again, please." I look up to him with pleading eyes.

He kisses my nose and smiles. "Agreed."

We walk out the door and he opens the passenger door. I climb in and he closes the door. I buckle up as he gets in. Soon, we are on our way to the hospital.
•••
"Well, from the looks of everything, it is a girl. She is healthy."

Jonathan smiles and kisses my forehead.
•••
"Ok, it's a girl. You were correct." I mumble to Jonathan as we get in the car.

"Baby, aren't you happy about this?" He smiles and reaches for my hand.

"I'm sorry, baby. I'm just really tired all of a sudden." I climb into the backseat and lay down.
•••
"Are you okay?" Jonathan asks as we are halfway home.

"I'm fine." I snap.

"Sorry," Jonathan mumbles.

His hand finds mine and I grab it. He pulls into the drive and helps me out. We go upstairs and I lay down in the bed. Jonathan stands his ground by the door. He hasn't moved from there since I started to show. He only moves when I do. He even sleeps by there, when he does sleep.
•••
I wake up in the middle of the night and see Jonathan pacing back and forth. He runs his hands through his hair and stops pacing.

"Jonathan, are you ok?" I whisper to him.

He looks at me and sits beside me. He kisses my neck and I lay my head on his chest. His other arm goes protectively around me. I smile and fall back asleep.

I wake up and Jonathan is still asleep beside me. I get up and go downstairs. I look in the fridge and grab the box of strawberries. I feel someone watching me.

I turn around and gasp.

Jonathan's arms are around before I have time to realize it is him.

"Hey, love." He whispers my ear. It sends a shiver down my spine.

"Hey." I whisper back. "You hungry?" I ask popping a strawberry in my mouth. He smiles.

He takes a strawberry and takes out some whipped cream. He cuts it in half and puts some cream on it. He hands me one piece. I take it and smile. He laughs as I eat it, getting whipped cream on my nose. I pick up the can of whipped cream and spray some on his nose. I lick it off and laugh. He laughs as well.

"Ewww! You licked me!" He jokes. I smile.

He chases me around the table as I spray some more whipped cream in my mouth. He catches me and kisses me. I smile.