Chapter 23

(Jonathan's POV)
She's fallen asleep in my arms by now. She mumbles in her sleep and I smile. I cover her up and slip out of bed. I go downstairs and make a sandwich. I look at the clock. It flashes 6:05 a.m. I head back upstairs and finish my sandwich.

She buries her head into my chest as I lie down next to her. I run my fingers through her hair. She smiles in her sleep and sighs.
•••
"Good morning," Liz Beth smiles. Her smile brightens up the room instantly.

"Good morning, lovely." I kiss her forehead. I sit up and go to get dressed. I grab some shorts and a navy blue polo. I go to the bathroom in the hallway, allowing Lizzy to use mine.

I shower, brush my teeth and hair, put on deodorant, and get dressed. Then I spray on some cologne head back to my room. Lizzy sits on the bed with a white tank top and red shorts. She smiles at me.

"Hey, beautiful." I kiss her forehead and sit next to her.

"I'm not beautiful..." she mutters under her breath.

"Oh, but you are!" I take her hands and kiss wrists. "The most beautiful."

She twitches and I notice she's crying.

"No, Lizzy, don't cry. Did I do something? Was it something I said?"

She shakes head. "Then what was it, Lizzy?"

She shakes her head again and stands up. I stand in front of the door, as I see her head for it. I fold her into my arms. She starts to sob and I hold her closer. I kiss her forehead.

"It's ok, Lizzy. I've got you."