Chapter 16

(Liz Beth's POV)
I cried when I heard his answer.

No.

Soon, I was riding in Jonathan's car, on my way to their house. My phone buzzed in the car. it was my mom

*Hey Liz heard what happened. Hope you have whatever you need because we will not tolerate people like you in this house. Love mom*

I looked up and saw that a car was already parked in the drive. Jonathan drove past their house.

"Where are we going?" I ask.

"Anywhere but there." He said coldly. His green eyes sent a warning message to me.

"Why? Who's car is that?"

"Our fathers."

I look at him. "Turn around."

He looks at me like I am crazy. "Turn around."

He turns around, but he stops the car.

"Look, our dad is not like your dad. He's not cool with anything. You have to be perfect. If you aren't then something has got to change." His green eyes blaze with hatred.

"I don't care."

He starts the car and pulls into the drive shortly after.

He helps me out and opens the door. Instantly, he is wrapped in a hug. He hasn't noticed me yet. His dad is tall and muscular, with sandy blonde hair and green eyes. He has a scar on his right arm and could probably kill me with one hand.

"My eldest son," his voice booms with pride. "How are you?"

"I'm well father. What about you and mother?"

I tried to hide my face with my hair.

"Fine, fine."

Jonathan notices me trying to make myself invisible and casually moves to help me.

"Is mother here?"

"Yes, she's in the kitchen. Let's go say hello."

We walk to the kitchen. Jonathan's mother is a short, petite woman with sandy blonde hair and blue eyes.

"Jon-Jon! How wonderful to see you again!" She embraces him in a tight hug. She looks up and sees me standing behind them.

Oh no.

"And who is this Jon-Jon? Come here, darling."

Shyly, I take a step forward with my arms behind my back. She moves my hair out of my face and gasps. She touches my cheek and I flinch.

"Follow me, darling." She says to me as Jonathan and his dad strike up a conversation.

I feel safe enough and show her my arms as well. Another gasp.

"Darling, what happened?"

"Well, first Jonathan happened," I say revealing the hicky. "Then, jocks happened," I point at the bruises.

"Oh, I'm so sorry, dear. Jonathan sometimes can't stop once he has started. Like his dad." She reveals a few hickies on her neck. "But I made a medicine that gets rid of hickies and bruises instantly, since George likes perfect. I'm so sorry. I almost forgot. I'm Janice."

"I'm Liz Beth." I smile. She puts the ointment on my bruises and hicky. I look in the mirror and find that they have almost vanished. 10 seconds later, they are gone. She smiles.

"You really are beautiful. I can see why Jonathan likes you." I blush a deep red.

"Ok let's go downstairs and see if Andrew is home." She smiles, but I don't hurry. Instead, I go to the bathroom and fix my make up as I had it this morning.