Chapter 3

(Liz Beth's POV)

I hung up on Andrew and started to get ready for bed. Andrew always pushes me to have the second best grades in school. First is him. I brush my teeth after showering and putting on my PJs. I jump into bed and fall asleep.
•••
*Ring, ring*

I look at my phone. It's Andrew. I pick up.

"How'd you sleep, beautiful."

"I was doing fine til you woke me up. And don't call me that. We both know that's my sister. And that I am only beautiful to you." I snap.

"Well, I'll be at your house in 30 mins. Hurry up and get ready for school. And don't fall back asleep." I hear a click as he hangs up.

I cover my head with a pillow and fall back asleep. Then, my phone buzzes.

*I know you fell asleep. Get up*

I get up and dressed in 10 minutes. I have on my favorite Panic! At the Disco t-shirt on, paired with black skinny jeans and converse. I brush my hair and grab my stuff. I walk out the door as Drew pulls up in his red convertible.

"Hey, dud." I say as I walk towards the car.

The hood is down and the sun is glinting off of his golden blonde hair. He smiles his perfect smile and opens my door.

" Good morning to you too, Mrs. Straight-arrow." He says, kissing my cheek. I laugh and he closes the door as I get in. He walks over to his side and soon we are at the school, singing Highway to Hell by AC/DC.

He parks the car and we get out. I loop my arm through his as we walk into the school. We reach the corner of the hall where we have to split up and I give him a quick hug. Then I head to class.
•••

After school, I meet up with Andrew by his car. He just got out of science club and I just got out of Mathletes. The cheerleaders and football players also just got out of practice. I see Jonathan and Amber Lynn holding hands and laughing. He has already graduated, but he always picks Amber Lynn up after practice.

I can feel Andrew watching me. It's too late to look away now. Jonathan meets my gaze across the parking lot and winks. I turn red and Andrew is tense.

I turn around and climb into the car. Andrew starts it, but doesn't pull out.

"I've got to blindfold you first." He reaches into the backseat and reveals a black blindfold.

"Fine," I mutter not happy I'm not going to be able to see anything.

He blindfolds me and starts the car. I hear his laugh and then the radio turns on. Metallica Enter Sandman is playing. Suddenly, the car stops.

"You owe me something from yesterday."

I nod my head, still blindfolded.

"But instead I'm going to offer you something. If you do this something, I will forgive you."

I nod my head again. I smell Andrew's bubblegum breath by my face. His hands are on my face.

He whispers to me now. "I'm about to do something that could drastically change our friendship. But only if you allow me."

I feel his blue-green eyes staring at me through the blindfold.

"Andrew," I whisper, my voice shakey. "Remove the blindfold, please."

He slowly removes the blindfold and I finally see how close to me he is. If I move an inch, are lips will touch.

"I love you,Liz Beth. Since kindergarten. Since the first day we met. I knew I wanted to be with you forever. Please allow me to accomplish one of two of my goals today." He whispers this. His eyes staring, pleading for me to give him this one chance.

"What are your two goals, Drew." My voice cracks and I know he can tell I'm nervous.

"To kiss you and to marry you." He says, without missing a beat.