Chapter 15

(Andrew's POV)
I left as soon as I could. He did it again. Made Liz Beth fall in love with him. She fell for it. She kissed him back. I saw it. She may love me, but she is absolutely in love with my brother. That's fine. If that's the way it is. I'm getting Amber Lynn.

She comes with me when I tell her Liz Beth is in trouble. I love Lizzy, but I absolutely hate Jonathan. I open the door and see Liz Beth struggling to push Jonathan off of her.

Amber Lynn gasps and pulls Jonathan off of Lizzy. She punches him.

"We are so over!" She yells as she leaves.

Liz Beth looks at me. I look at the ground. I can't look at her. When I do, I see her kissing Jonathan in my mind. I look at Jonathan and he is grinning.

Stupid boyish charm! Why did he get it all!

Amber climbs off the hospital-like bed and walks over to me. She stands under me so that I am looking at her. I look up. Suddenly, Jonathan is behind me, forcing me to look at her.

"Do you love me?" She mumbles.

"No." I lie. That little lie probably just cost me my one love.

Jonathan pushes me away from her and slaps me.

"Are you an idiot?!" He yells at me. I can't see Liz Beth's face anymore. Her shoulders rise and fall as if she were crying and I fight the urge to run to her.

"No I've got the highest GPA in the school and she's got the second highest. Thanks to me." I respond cooly.

"Well, then you are the dumbest smartest person I've ever met. Whatever." He drops me and goes to Liz.

"Hey...shhh...it's ok...it's all ok..." he picks her up and carries her as if she was nothing. They leave the room.

Do you love me?

No.

Are you an idiot?

I exit the room and ride home alone in my car. It is really quiet. I find I miss the sound of laughing and off-key singing.