Chapter Ten

Ariana's POV

          I entered the house and was surprised to find the door to the office was closed when I reached it; normally when he was expecting a student the door was left open for us to enter. I knocked lightly on the door and waited for someone to answer. He came to the door and greeted me before allowing to come in; I was only a few feet into the door when the scents hit me and I froze in my tracks as three faces turned around on the couch to greet me.

“You have got to be freaking kidding me!” I said mostly to myself but it was definitely loud enough for everyone else to hear.

“Ari please come in and take a seat.” Dr. Sanders said from behind me giving me a small push; I reluctantly walked in and took a seat in an open chair as far away from the couch as I could manage.

“Seeing at how well you have progressed since you have been here we have allowed your family to come visit for the day.” Dr. Sanders said once he took a seat behind his desk; his face held a smile and I couldn’t help but wonder if he missed the pissed off tone of my voice from when I entered, or even the look that was still etched across my face as I sat in the chair with my arms firmly folded across my chest.

“Ari honey we have missed you so much.” My mother said standing from the couch.

“Oh lets just cut the crap mom!” I said causing her to stop her advance towards me.

“For one you didn’t miss me and even if you did I didn’t miss you, any of you for that matter. Second lets just be honest about the reason that I’m here, you didn’t want me around so you shipped me off here so that I could be someone else’s problem for a while; please correct me if I’m wrong.” I said moving my gaze between my mother and father.

“See, I told you that she wouldn’t change.” Terra chimed in.

“Shut up slut, no one asked you.” I growled at her.

“Ariana!” My father instantly jumped to my sisters’ defense, like always.

“Ok now every body just settle down.” Dr. Sanders said trying to cut some of the tension that was building in the room.

“Ari your family is here to support you and help you on your path to recovery.” He added once everyone seemed to calm down slightly, well everyone except for me that is.

“The only reason my family is here is to make it appear that they actually care about me; I learned a long time ago that I will always come second to them and to be honest with you I’m sick of it. So sick of it actually that once I am done here I want absolutely nothing to do with any of them ever again!” I said standing up from the chair; my mother let out a gasp at my words, my father looked a little shocked and my sister had a look of victory plastered across her face.

“If you don’t mind I would actually rather be training right now then spending time with these people.” I said making my way to the door; I half expected Dr. Sanders to ask me to stay but I guess I made myself clear enough that I was done trying to have a conversation with them.

          I no longer considered anyone in that room part of my family and today of all days was really not the right time to try and make amends. I stomped my way out of the office, down the hall and out the front door of the house; once outside I spotted my group and jogged over to join them. At this point working out was really the best thing for me to be doing, at least it allowed me to relieve some stress and keep my mind focused on something other than the three people sitting in that room.

“Is your meeting over already?” Kane asked looking a little confused to see me back so soon.

“Yep.” I replied falling into line with the others.