Chapter Forty Three ~ Perfection In DarkNess

Eve's Pov

Ring Ring!

A phone ringing came through the silence. I know it's not the hotel phone. It's not any alarm so, one of the boys must be up.

"Hey, Simon!" A voice cheers through the quietness.

"Yes." The voice, is Irish. The only Irish is Naill.

"We are being careful!" He said into the phone. I strain my ears to hear Simon on the other side of the conversation. No use.

"No. The girls may hate it here. They may have a hard shell but, they know what could happen to us if they told anyone. Their not cruel hearted."Naill stated.

"Okay." He sighed. "Yea, Yea." He added.

"Bye uncle Si!" Naill cheered.

I slowly open my eyes to see a lightly lit room. I blink my eyes afew times to adjust to the dark.

I sit up slowly rubbing my eyes. I stand up and crack my back.

" Hello?" Naill asked.

"Hey, Ni." I say.

"Hello, Eve." He replied.

I walked over to the livingroom balcony. I went outside and leaned againist the railing. I stare at the bridge and river. Sure, it doesn't smell or look like a vacation or have a beach-y kind of smell but, this is better.

A familar smell. This smell is what I use to wake up to every morning. I hear feet pad againist the cool tiles of the balcony and someone mimic my actions. I see Naill next to me.

" You must miss this." Naill said in a whisper.

"Yea. I didn't live close enough to see the river but, I do miss this." I say smiling.

" I know how it feels. Not being able to be at home for long." He states.

" Yea, maybe you do." I say in a whisper." But you have the option of going home after awhile. I'm kind of trapped." I add,sighing.

" I'm sorry. I truely am." He says.

"Sorry doesn't fix much, Does it?" I ask, more to myself than to him. The boys have been saying sorry a lot lately and, were still stuck in the same situation.

"It doesn't but, it's the thought that counts." Naill says.

"He shoots. He scores." I say, smiling. " I have no comeback."

" Nice to know for once someone beat you." He said, playfully.

" I just miss when it was so simple." I say, my stomache twists at the truth of my own words.

Simple when all we had to do was get homework in on time.

Get to work on time.

Meet your friends on time.

"Are you kidding? Your with One Direction, Nothing is simple. Simple is boring." He says.

"Simple is when you don't have to use fake smiles and cry yourself to sleep." I say, meaning it.

" I didn't know that." He says.

" I don't use many fake smiles but, I cry myself to sleep Every. Single.

Night." I say.

" Why?" He asked, his blue eyes digging holes in my head. Like he is trying to figure me out.

" Naill. You can call and text and skype your family. Your friends. Naill," I try to countiune but a slient tear slides down my cheek.

"Naill, I can't do that. You keep that from happening. The people who help you through your problems, you can't have help. A feeling of useless-ness comes over you when all you have is one other person." I say, my stomache twisting more and more.