Caring for you

MAX

"I LIKE YOU" - I yelled.
*Ahhh, What in the world are you saying!!!*
I released Jay and patted her head then said "You don't have to make a decision right now."
*Nooooo, if she has time then she's going to see that I'm a weird-do! WHAT AM I DOING!!!*
I walked away leaving her standing there speechless. I walked to the guys, they all surrounded me and asked "What did she say!"
I just let the question pass and yelled "Alright let's play some ball!"
I could feel my face completely red. I got into position and saw Jay sitting at the dugout. After a few bats I walked up to her.
Max-"Want to bat?"
I said this while pointing the bat at Jay. She looked up to me and had a light blush. *God, she looks so beautiful!*
She nodded and took the bat, I sat down and opened a bottle of coke. I saw her get into position.
•Whack•
She hit a home run, she ran with a smile on her face, all the guys had their jaws dropped. I laughed at their expression, she hit a couple bats and played fielder. I leaned back against the bench and sighed, *I like her, but I know nothing about her.*
"Jay!"
I looked up to see Jay on the ground and everyone running up to her. Seeing her hurt, I bolted over there, (it was like an instinct). I ran up to her, and bent down and held her up.
Everyone asked at once including me "Are you ok!"
Jay gave a weak smile, "I'm fine, I'm just a little dehydrated." That's right, she's been playing ball for a long time without a break. I lifted her up and held her like in those wedding movies.
With her face beat red she said
"M-max!?"
I could feel all the guys staring at me, I could feel my ears become red. I walked up to the dugout and placed her on the bench, I bent down. I grabbed my coke and gave it to her, she looked at the coke and then at me and blushed even harder. I looked at the coke, *She must be embarrassed because it's mine.* I glared at her, she flinched and drank it. I sighed and sat next to her.
Jay-"I'm sor--"
Max-"Don't be sorry, it wasn't your fault."
She just nodded and drank some more. The guys left us alone and passed the ball to each other. With out thinking I put my hand behind Jay on the bench. I felt a light touch on my chest I looked down to see Jay laying on my chest. My heart started to pound, She could probably hear it. I placed my hand on her head and ran my fingers threw her short black hair. She then scudded closer to me, she looked up to me.
Jay-"What do you like about me?"
Max-"Huh?"
Jay-"What do you like about me?"
Surprised by what she said I looked away trying to hide my blush, I took a deep breath and decided to tell her my true feelings.
Max-"You.... You're a tomboy, your smart and beautiful. You're not afraid of what people think about you.... I know I don't really know you, but I do know that these feelings that I have for you are true."